05/21/2015- Today I celebrate

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
Good morning ladies and gents!!!!

It's been a wierd couple of days for me. I got down to 297... then bounced back to 299.5. I'm still below the 300 mark, but not by much. This morning I printed off a goal pic of myself from my cell phone. It's a pic of my from the day I graduated high school. It's also my goal weight, size I'd like to be. Where I felt most comfortable and confident. Where I felt the most comfortable in my own skin. If that makes sense. I have a follow up appointment next Friday with my surgeon and would love to be at 295. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I read all the articles on obesityhelp.com where the weight is just falling off of people, and then there is me, where I fight for every ounce. I don't get it, it just doesn't make sense to me. I posted the goal pic of me at my desk. I'm hoping having the pic will deter any grazing or bad habits from creeping back in.

So for today, I am celebrating not giving up and throwing in the towel as much as I may want to at this point. In one sense I feel defeated as I had surgery 113 days ago and have only lost 20lbs. since my actual surgery and 44lbs total. But then I remember, I could still be 44lbs heavier or worse gained more weight and be even heavier then that.

I am working on finding an outfit I like to take my new profile pic in. I thought about taking it in the black shirt I am in, in the last photo, to show the difference in size..... but not sure yet. Tonight I am going to Boscov's and BJ's and hopefully going to get to the gym. My back is not hurting as bad, so I am hoping to capitalize on that and get some exercise in. In one way, I wish I had addressed the buldging disc in my back first and then had weight loss surgery so I could exercise till my little heart was content, but it didn't work out that way for me. OH well.

So what are you celebrating today??

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cari!

Determination is so much more valuable than a quick timeline, and I'm glad you're celebrating that today.

Today I'm celebrating things being a little bit quieter in my life. I was super busy and then laid out with chronic pain issues for a couple of days, and I just felt my time slipping away from me. I was feeling better yesterday, though, so I walked home, went for a walk with my husband, wrote some thank you notes, and still had time to watch Veep and Brooklyn 99. It felt wonderful to accomplish some things while also having time to relax.

I haven't yet gotten back to the gym, which is something I want to do. It should be so much easier, shouldn't it? I had the time last night, but I prioritized other things. I miss running, though. It's strange. There's a lot of fear that I've completely lost all of the progress I made, but the only way to get over that is to go back to it. I'm working on not letting anxiety make decisions for me, but it's difficult.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cari, love the attitude. I know how frustrating slow losing can be. I have only lost about 15 lbs in the last 5 months. I've been taking two sets of pictures when I take them. One in the original clothing to show the change in fit and one in a more form fitting outfit. I still don’t see a change in any of them but hopefully someday I will get past that and be able to see the difference in the last year or so.

I didn't get my usual long weekend run due to my husband’s marathon this weekend and I really missed it. I was surprised at how much harder my Tuesday run started out after just missing one run. It took a mile or so and then I seemed to get back into the groove so hopefully it won’t be too bad for you Norah.

So between biking and running and school stuff for the kids, the lawn has been a bit neglected. And the riding mower needs a new blade. So what’s a girl to do? Yup I pulled out the push mower and mowed it that way. Our yard is about 3 acres of mowed lawn so it is pretty big. I have it about 2/3 done and just came in for a break. I used to get winded and red faced just mowing the .33 acre yard we had at our last house.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    First of all, Cari - if weight loss surgery was easy, everyone would do it!!! Also, for that back, look into Hylauranic Acid.... My friend on here has used it to aid her recovery from compressed discs and some other back issues to get back moving again. She loves it. Her name is @Dragonwolf if you want to send her a message. Just tell her I was the one who suggested it. She's an amazing resource for homeopathic remedies - she's a research hound!!

Norah, RELAXATION and stress management are critical to our overall physical and mental health!! Plus, as long as you're still mentally in the game, your body will catch back up with you, and probably faster than you expect...muscle memory is awesome.

Wendy, My allergies have always prevented me from mowing the lawn (done it maybe twice, ever), but that is fabulous!!!! You didn't even need a break until twice your previous STOPPING POINT - not break point, STOPPING point!!!

I posted mine sort of on my wall/blog today, but here's what I'm celebrating:

So, a few NSV's from yesterday. I thought my friends were crazy when they said that hunger could be legitimately quelled.

Yesterday, I drank my LOADED TEA for breakfast at 7:30 am.
    Lunch was around one, a small portion of leftover chicken with my homemade alfredo sauce.
    Due to some odd circumstances, I wasn't home to eat dinner until 11:30 pm, and then I still had to cook, so I whipped up some bacon and eggs.

It's now 9 am, and I'm still not hungry, and I wasn't overly starving at any point yesterday either. Surreal.

Also, finally hit a new personal best weight, though reluctant to say it out loud because it always ends up resurging a bit at that point, but there you have it. Two months ago, I was at 241.8. Today, I finally dropped the lingering 6 pounds that had been torturing me since then, and I'm at 241.0.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be at 245 or something again, because weight is random like that, but for today, I'll celebrate it. I'm always nervous to measure when I drop like this, because it is a brain-game where my brain tries to convince me that the measurements will undo my scale progress...LOL. Trying on that previously too tight pair of jeans this weekend though. :)
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Norah- yes, determination is quite important and somedays I just celebrate having that. Sorry to hear about the chronic pain. I definitely know the feeling. I agree with Carly...you will be running in no time as though you never stopped. Muscles are a wonderful thing. I too wish the gym was something easy to get to. Reggie and I are working to get to the gym together. YEAH.

Wendy, I gave up with the pictures. I figured I wasn't seeing a significant change so I wouldn't see it in pictures either. Maybe I should rethink this. Way to go with the 3 acre lawn. That right there deserves huge KUDOS. I can't do the lawn yet, hopefully be end of summer I will be able to.

Carly, Thanks for the suggestion for the homeopathic remedy for my back. I'll try just about anything at this point. It's great that you were not hungry yesterday. I bet something kept you extremely busy though. And to wake up and not be hungry is a total win. Congrats on the weight loss. Keeping fingers crossed that those jeans fit perfectly...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Norah- yes, determination is quite important and somedays I just celebrate having that. Sorry to hear about the chronic pain. I definitely know the feeling. I agree with Carly...you will be running in no time as though you never stopped. Muscles are a wonderful thing. I too wish the gym was something easy to get to. Reggie and I are working to get to the gym together. YEAH.

Wendy, I gave up with the pictures. I figured I wasn't seeing a significant change so I wouldn't see it in pictures either. Maybe I should rethink this. Way to go with the 3 acre lawn. That right there deserves huge KUDOS. I can't do the lawn yet, hopefully be end of summer I will be able to.

Carly, Thanks for the suggestion for the homeopathic remedy for my back. I'll try just about anything at this point. It's great that you were not hungry yesterday. I bet something kept you extremely busy though. And to wake up and not be hungry is a total win. Congrats on the weight loss. Keeping fingers crossed that those jeans fit perfectly...

I wasn't busy AT ALL aside from my physical therapy appointment. I was bored and not doing anything from 5:30 pm until 10:30 pm. I was NOT at home, though, so I didn't have access to snacky stuff, but since cutting out all the fake treats, snacks have not been much of a thing for me... It's been nice. I had some macadamia nuts in the car, but really, I wasn't hungry enough to need anything but water!

I would take the pictures even if you don't see anything. Because they are a progress marker. Resize the pictures until your facial features are the same exact distance (eyes from each other, size of eyes line with nose line). Sometimes we think pictures are the same size when they aren't at all. We think we can mentally size them, but we don't do it well... I can help if you have two pics you want me to resize for real comparison... and even if it shows NOTHING, at some point, you may look back and wish you had chronicled more of the journey. Hindsight adds such perspective!!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Thanks Carly, I'll get my mom to take some pics this weekend in my "picture outfit"
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks Carly, I'll get my mom to take some pics this weekend in my "picture outfit"

Looking forward to seeing them. :) I bet we'll point out all kinds of differences you don't see because you've watched the daily changes. :)