total shock! ONEderland.

Options
melissasue0317
melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
199.4 for my weigh in today. Im in utter disbielief and excitement. This is something that literally hasn't been a part of my life since 1999.

I cried.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! I'm loving this. Maybe this time next year I can join you! :)
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I remember the feeling when I first saw that on the scale...no feeling quite like it.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa..... You must feel amazing!!!!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Melissa! It's always nice to see when one of our group sees all their work pay off.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nice work marine
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    wtg that is such an achievement x
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really don't want to go back up and that immense pressure is constant. I ended up binge eating yesterday (only confessing about half of it to my husband). It's behind me I guess and I worked my tail off at the gym this morning bc I felt so guilty.

Does our fat brain ever go away?!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think that (fat brain) depends on how much work we do on the mental side, but honestly, I'm inclined to believe that much like other addicts (I consider most of us in some form to be or have been food addicts), the impulse is always there, as that is the response we've conditions ourselves for a lifetime to respond to. However, I believe that the impulse can be dimmed to a very quiet voice in the back of our minds that is easily ignored after a time... But the underlying impulse, like a person wanting a drink or a smoke in response to a stressful situation, even a decade laterl, that underlying impulse will never completely go away. We just lessen it's control on us so that the binge-eating and or other food reactions happen less and less often over time. Banish that guilt, accept your choice, work your butt off at the gym, and move on!

Hugs...