It Takes A Lot To Embarass Me But....

Options
2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Oh my god.....I would actually run onto the street and hope a car would hit me. I could explain the blood then. But seriously, I haven't had a period since starting crossfit (thank you contraceptive pills!) I admire the women who do crossfit AND have periods!

OK people at work just asked me what's so funny, this made me laugh out loud.
  • haibu
    haibu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    paultassy wrote: »
    HMitch1025 wrote: »
    I totally thought you meant pee. Why is it that peeing myself doesn't seem as embarrassing. I would have been mortified.

I was. My husband says he doesn't think anyone else saw but of course everyone asked what happened to me and he told them I had a female accident and had to leave. How do i show my face again?

50% of the world has (or will or once did) a period. Everybody knows it happens and everybody understands. Don't sweat it. I bet you no one thinks anything of it. It happens.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Oh my god.....I would actually run onto the street and hope a car would hit me. I could explain the blood then. But seriously, I haven't had a period since starting crossfit (thank you contraceptive pills!) I admire the women who do crossfit AND have periods!

OK people at work just asked me what's so funny, this made me laugh out loud.

Hahahaha I am glad was responsible for that
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^mainly because of the image of you in the street and cars dodging you left and right and you yelling "NO DAMMIT HIT ME, BREAK MY LEGS!!"
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    kozinskey wrote: »
    tufel wrote: »
    As a man -- which, of course, does not qualify me from voicing any opinion -- I gotta say: Not a big deal. I am surprised you are bothered. I cannot think of a woman I know who has not had some kind of an accident like that, except for my grandmothers, who were post-menopausal.
    It is just natural and, if anyone saw, they have undoubtedly seen it before and will see it again.
    Now, if it was pee.....Ha! (Sorry. Couldn't resist. That is the problem my wife (two kids) has.)
    You'll get that WOD!

As a woman, I'm gonna say that it's really f.ing hard to not be embarrassed. If you've ever worked in healthcare you're taught that blood is a biohazard, so for me, it's hard not to see it that way. It's not that periods are shameful, it's that nobody wants to be around someone else's blood if they can avoid it.[b/]

Also, once your period has ruined a few favorite items of clothing, you get to be extra pissed off about it showing up when you don't expect it.

BOOM, exactly.
    ascrit wrote: »
    What is a "Curtis P?"

Hang squat clean then lunge each leg then push press. That's one Curtis P
    Eff that noise.

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Elegra2006 wrote: »
    Eeek, hopefully no one else noticed.

I've never had this issue before (not had any kids) but recently during WODs (DUs and jumping pull-ups) realised there are other exercises I ought to be working on too!!

You are not alone. I have been practicing DUs and have noticed that holy cow, I need kegels! :o

• paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    CJMQ wrote: »

I've never had this issue before (not had any kids) but recently during WODs (DUs and jumping pull-ups) realised there are other exercises I ought to be working on too!!

You are not alone. I have been practicing DUs and have noticed that holy cow, I need kegels! :o

Well at least I haven't had that issue. But the bleeding incident is embarrassing enough for a while
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Well at least I haven't had that issue. But the bleeding incident is embarrassing enough for a while

Wait.... there are people who haven't had this issue? Mind blown LOL

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    OMG that's hilarious. And so true, that a "shart" would be 1000x worse than bleeding or pee!

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

I've never had this issue doing Crossfit... Jumping on a trampoline half drunk though, happened to me big time
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Inkratlet wrote: »

I've never had this issue doing Crossfit... Jumping on a trampoline half drunk though, happened to me big time

I didn't mean like full out but I assumed most had experienced a drip or two at one point or another from one too many DU's. Ha-Ha at the trampoline!! (Very drunk moonbounce will get ya too)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^Completely agree. There are a few times I ran over to the locker room midWOD to avoid doing exactly that. Usually I clear the pipes before the workout, but on rare occassions.......it happens.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I can't yet do enough DU's for it to happen? But I've never had it on singles. I WOD first thing in the morning so I usually haven't had any liquids besides an espresso...

It's more likely to happen when I sneeze
  • paultassy
    Options

I always always always pee right before a workout. I've done lots of DU and haven't had the pee issue. I asked around and a few other women at my box have had it happen but only if they forget to completely empty their bladder first.
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I pee all the time during double-unders, no joke. I haven't had kids yet, and there is no rhyme or reason for it. I wear a liner now so I don't have to worry about it. Also...when I was training for my half marathon I was told people pee while running those all the time, so I had no shame when I did that during the race...and, come to think of it, a lot of people fart loudly in yoga and no one seems to care. I wouldn't be too embarrassed. Everyone is there to get the work done...bodily functions happen!
  • paultassy
    Options
    I pee all the time during double-unders, no joke. I haven't had kids yet, and there is no rhyme or reason for it. I wear a liner now so I don't have to worry about it. Also...when I was training for my half marathon I was told people pee while running those all the time, so I had no shame when I did that during the race...and, come to think of it, a lot of people fart loudly in yoga and no one seems to care. I wouldn't be too embarrassed. Everyone is there to get the work done...bodily functions happen!

Oh yeah the other night during kettle bell swings one of the guys cut a loud one as he went down to start his swing. Sounded like a trumpet. We all died. He was so proud of himself.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    When you rip one that loud, you just have to own it.
  • paultassy
    Options
    When you rip one that loud, you just have to own it.

:D:D