Few ns newbie questions

lynnie30
lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
Many years ago I used NSand loved it. It is quite different now though and I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could answer.

Which method should I use to log food- the app or the website? Do they sync like MFP does? I'm kind of looking forward to the Bears- are they only through logging into the site or app?

About the food- none of my food seems to need to be frozen, yet it's pizza and meat. Is this normal? Also, where do I find frozen items to order on the website? Is it all blended in together?

Sorry if the questions are silly. I've looked on the site but then I seem to just circle around without finding answers:)

Replies

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2015
    lynnie30 wrote: »
    Many years ago I used NSand loved it. It is quite different now though and I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could answer.

Which method should I use to log food- the app or the website? Do they sync like MFP does? I'm kind of looking forward to the Bears- are they only through logging into the site or app?

About the food- none of my food seems to need to be frozen, yet it's pizza and meat. Is this normal? Also, where do I find frozen items to order on the website? Is it all blended in together?

Sorry if the questions are silly. I've looked on the site but then I seem to just circle around without finding answers:)

I use MFP to log my foods.... NUMI and NS don't sync up at all and the NS app and NS site for logging will be going away leaving only NUMI for tracking. i prefer MFP as the information is customization to reflect NS meals (breakfast +PF, Morning Snack, and so on). NUMI just has breakfast, lunch, dinner the last time i was over there.

so long as you track your weight on NUMI you'll get your bears. just be sure to use your STARTING weight when setting up NUMI not your current weight. if you've already set up and didn't use your starting weight you'll have to contact NUMI support to have them update it so your bears log correctly.

i'm assuming your food came in a brown box not a white one? if so, then they're all shelf stable items and don't need to be frozen. if they came in a white box that contained dry ice then they're frozen. right now NS only seem to be selling sample/larger size frozen selections as a la carte. i'm on the shelf stable plan as i don't have that much freezer space and i'm in an apartment, getting an extra freezer really isn't an option space wise.

there are frozen plans... just don't remember what they're called lol. you'll see the lil "frozen" icon though when selecting them during your order management.

hope this helps some lynnie and welcome back :)

~kel

MFP - Any shorties out there?

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

• lynnie30
    Thank you- it helps SO much!!
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    There is a new program called Uniquely Yours! which is not a whole lot more then the core program for NS. This allows you as much frozen food as you want (and can store). I switched to that after 14 weeks of Shelf Stable (SS) food so I could get some variety and I love it. Necessitated buying a bigger freezer which I needed anyway so that worked out great:) The shelf stable food is sealed so that you do not need to refrigerate/freeze any of it. I consider the food just a base that I build off of, I rarely ever eat them just as they are. I dress them up with a little BBQ sauce, hot sauce, lots of veggies, etc. I love to take the SS pizzas and carefully cut them so I have 2 crusts (be careful I have sliced my finger a few times since there is not a lot to work with) and while it is the same amount of food, it feels like more when I get 2 pieces to eat:) I use a little hot sauce in the pizza sauce, add lots of veggies on top, add the included packet of cheese (not much there so you can use a little extra and just count it as a limited extra, but I don't like a lot of cheese on mine anyway). Yummy!! Check out Costco for discounts on NS gift cards. They regularly sell the $100 cards for $79.99 (20% discount) and on occasion have them on sale for $59.99 (40% off!) so stock up on those as it cuts the cost of your food down tremendously. If you are not a member of Costco they will add a $4 surcharge (I bought 10 cards when they were on sale for $59.99 so I just added the $55 yearly membership at that time instead of paying $40 surcharge on them, that way I could use it later). You can do it all online through Costco so even if you do not have one near you you can take advantage of it. Please let us know if you have any other questions!
  • lynnie30
    I love all the ideas! Thank you so much for all the support:)
    I didn't have a chance to measure myself and I'm kicking myself for it. Right now I'm doing the jump start program. Slipped up today, otherwise so far so good! I'm usually full after the meals and cravings are down. The shakes....well....that's a little rough, lol. But I'm a pretty plain person-seriously can live off of plain water:)
  • dellijelli
    dellijelli Posts: 3 Member
    I'm on the uniquely yours plan also and I love it! I get to choose all the frozen food I want and for only $10 more per month. I wasn't a fan of the shelf stable lunches except the bars so being able to eat the frozen lunches is great! I also like the frozen dinners. It wouldn't be as easy if I could only eat the shelf stable food. I have lost 27 lbs so far - on week 10, 67 pounds to go to goal. NS has been awesome. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • dellijelli
    dellijelli Posts: 3 Member
    I wasn't too crazy about the vanilla shake but added a banana, water and ice in a blender and it was very tasty! I also read a post that gave a tip to add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the chocolate shake. I think I'll try that too!
  • lynnie30
    I didn't think of adding cinnamon, but thought about adding some PB2. Cinnamon is probably a better choice though so I think I'll try that.
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    I have added pb2 and use silk cashew milk to the chocolate shake, Yummy!
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    I make my chocolate protein shakes with cold coffee, ice, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg:)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    lynnie30 wrote: »
    I love all the ideas! Thank you so much for all the support:)
    I didn't have a chance to measure myself and I'm kicking myself for it. Right now I'm doing the jump start program. Slipped up today, otherwise so far so good! I'm usually full after the meals and cravings are down. The shakes....well....that's a little rough, lol. But I'm a pretty plain person-seriously can live off of plain water:)

Hi
    I have tried the Womens Energizing Shake and to be honest it was not too good. The Craving Crusher shakes both mens and womens are OK. I ended up with the womens versions when I bought food from other people. They were included in the lot. Having tasted that Energizing shake I can see why people complain about it. I paid for them so I ate them:)

Cheers
    Roger
    dellijelli wrote: »
    I wasn't too crazy about the vanilla shake but added a banana, water and ice in a blender and it was very tasty! I also read a post that gave a tip to add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the chocolate shake. I think I'll try that too!

Hi I keep the Vanilla Shakes around to use when my Bananas get really ripe! I love them that way, Plain they are OK but not great.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    I ordered the Coffee Shakes and tried one. I just couldn't like it. I kinda knew that I would not, but had to try.

I am going to try adding some things like SF cappuccino, choco, etc., and see if this helps.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Doris- awesome idea about slicing the pizza crust so you get 2 pieces n have more room for veggies! Simple, but I would have never thought of that..thanks!