I just visited a Ghost Town this morning

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
Hi
I just visited a once vibrant Ghost Town called NutriSystem Forums.

There were a few hardy souls wandering around taking one last look before 5havclc7rpf2.gif and the bulldozers move in and do their dirty work. I felt as if I could hear the engines rumbling to life in the distance as if eager to begin the demolition.

Roger

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,055 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I visited too. It was just sitting there....just popped over this morning. They took down the links for community and discussion boards. This is all they have left:
    Home
    My Program
    Recipe Center
    Inform & Inspire
    Shop
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    It is sort of depressing to visit but if there is anything You still want I would get it now.

You could try this link
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/forum.php
    It appears to still be working.
    This one is showing this

Food Talk and Tips (40 Viewing)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking in the Food Talk and Recipe forum this afternoon.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Nah...I don't really need anything from there. I think I copied a couple of contacts from my PMs, and a link to Peter_Ws recipes. I think I can find anything else I need online in other places. I wasn't buying NS food anymore anyway. The only thing I'm not sure about here is if I need to get someone's contact info, if the messages are secure.
  • SearsBD62052
    SearsBD62052 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too visited there on the 11 and then again this morning. I can't believe the tabs are gone. The trackers (food, weight, measurements, water) are still there and I assume they are still working but I didn't try. I went to talk to a counselor. I even had a hard time finding the link to that (FYI - home page in blue in the first box on the left.) Not happy.

Do you know if the trackers are going away too?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Nah...I don't really need anything from there. I think I copied a couple of contacts from my PMs, and a link to Peter_Ws recipes. I think I can find anything else I need online in other places. I wasn't buying NS food anymore anyway. The only thing I'm not sure about here is if I need to get someone's contact info, if the messages are secure.

Hi Vix
    I just sent You a PM on the Old Forum.
    I'm curious if it is still sending email notifications of a PM.
    Do not post anything in the messages here. I left this group open the same as the old Message threads were on the NutriSystem forum. That is so anybody can come in and join and leave a message if they want to easily.

I would click on the person and select the Green Send Message Box
    I have not checked into it but that should be private.
    I will send You one now and then Later on a search in Google will reveal if it is in the open. It will be titled creatively "Test for Vix"

I found it interesting that even with no link from the Nutrisystem main page to the old forums that 173 users were still browsing through it. I think I may go to the "NutriSystem Recipes" group and grab some member recipes that were posted there.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    I too visited there on the 11 and then again this morning. I can't believe the tabs are gone. The trackers (food, weight, measurements, water) are still there and I assume they are still working but I didn't try. I went to talk to a counselor. I even had a hard time finding the link to that (FYI - home page in blue in the first box on the left.) Not happy.

Do you know if the trackers are going away too?

Hi
    I went to the link I posted above and The Old Forum is still there in read only and still has users.
    Currently Active Users
    There are currently 173 users online. 33 members and 140 guests
    Most users ever online was 1,022, 04-17-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Contact information link is on top of the www.Nutrisystem.com page on the top right
    Also as http://online.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/help/contact.jsp

As to the trackers going away, I suspect that they will go away simply to push users to NuMi.com

Good Luck
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • 4aay
    4aay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I visited last night to update my order and happened to click on direct link to community and saw that forums are still readable.

Couldn't help but ponder, humorously, right/wrong way to post and the different ways a post can be taken.
    winlose_zpsbywsrumv.jpg
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger....I just looked at this today and had an old bookmark to the forums....they are still out there if you have an old link and I did get the pop up that told me I had a message and was able to open it and reply to it. I don't think I ever got emails that I had a message, I think I had turned that off.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Thank You

I just popped in and despite being a read only, no posts forum it is showing this at 12:20PM EDT

141 users online. 36 members and 105 guests

And they say there was no demand!
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I'm still there every day.

I have a Word Document going of a variety of recipes that I have gleaned from old Food Talk and NS Recipe section(s) threads.

Been through the Recipe Center, too.
  • SearsBD62052
    Options
    I noticed that the tickers here are not accurate... I did one at ticker factory that is accurate. Bad thing you have to update the ticker and copy and paste the ticker each time you post here. How are you getting things to stay in your signature line????

I went over the NS website and all of the trackers and tools are still there but there is a note that they will be going away June 22. NuMi is the way to get credit for your weight loss BUT when I went there the first time I didn't know I needed to put my starting weight in and then come back a few days later and put in the current weight. I have tried to readjust it but it keeps going to the current weight. I don't like that one bit.

Sorry for the mini vent. Needed to get that off my chest.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    You can contact CS at NuMi per phone and they will change your weight info, SearsBD. Others have done this and if I understand correctly, that's the only way to get the change for starting weight.

As for my signature, I have a Document w/my signature. Have to copy/paste everytime I want it in a post.

h3s9bbryc25j.gif

88492762.png s9qhza68u7ed.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    At 11:49am EST
    There are currently 111 users online. 16 members and 95 guests

Most users ever online was 1,022, 04-17-2015 at 04:03 AM.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I went in and made a copy of all my blogs before those are gone. Next I need to print off my recipes if I want those too!
  • SearsBD62052
    Options
    I just went to the NuMi site, there is not a phone number but there is a support tab that I clicked on and sent them an email. Thanks!