Daily Check In - Wednesday May 13th through end of May

Replies

• AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    Ackkk! I'm balancing spinning plates today. I ran yesterday after work and before a school meeting. Slept in today and no time to workout before another school meeting tonight. Doing what I can. I ordered this book and it gets here tomorrow. amazon.com/What-You-Can-When-Healthy/dp/1580055737

Bookworm, your Dr Pepper comment reminded me of that book/concept. Not throwing away everything because of something that wasn't perfect. Better than the alternative, etc etc.

Gotta run....have a great Tuesday!

I read lots of motivational books, magazines, etc. Book sounds like something I might like, let us know what you think of it, Amee.

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I did Burn 2 of Chalean Extreme today. That is my favorite of the 3 weight workouts in the Burn Phase. I really pushed today and used my 10 lb weights & 1.5 lb weighted gloves for almost everything-- I'm not ready for the 10 lb weights during the triceps extensions yet ;)

My workout left me feeling really good today, but I'm sure I'll be feeling it later! The downside is that working that hard has also left me really hungry, but I just brought a small lunch and my usual snack of beef jerky won't work today (I had a 2 1/2 hour long dental appointment yesterday and am a bit sore still today).

How is this Wednesday working for all of you? :)

ibuxeq3kupk1.png
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Hoyalawya how are you feeling? Hope youre not too sore.

Bookworm, do tricep dips if you dont have a good weight to use. Great job working hard. How is your dad?

I havent worked out yet. I am waiting on my husband to get home to walk and do upper body weights. I have lost 2 lbs this week. It may be just water, I drink 10 cups a day of water.I hope it is real.
  • bookworm_847
    He's doing really well, thank you for asking! He's taking 2 or 3 5 minute walks a day and will work up from there!

I have weights for the triceps exercises, I just can't do the 10 lbs yet... I stuck with the 5 lb dumbbells today.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Holly, congrats on the loss and I am jealous of your upcoming trip!

Bookworm, glad your dad is recovering well.

And way to go Amee, for working out despite the busyness!

Y'all seem to all be doing well with workouts! I'm still in a sling--no broken bones but seeing an orthopedic dr tomorrow. Still in quite a bit of pain and beyond frustrated that I can't do anything. I did take a half mile walk at lunch. Hoping that this will be a quick recovery--my horse and I were really improving and I hate to lose momentum.
  • bookworm_847
    Hoya, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you & your horse are back at it again soon!

I did Chalean Extreme Burn 3 today. I'm getting better at the lunges, so that's fun. I always hated lunges and pushups, but now I don't struggle as much with lunges and I actually did 2 pushups on my toes the other day. Pretty exciting! I wobbled a bit during one of the lunges today because she has you do a calf raise and lunge at the same time.

Do you all have some fun weekend plans?
  • hollyelise68
    edited May 2015
    I decided to stop body revolution since i will be off for two weeks while we are on vacation. I would rather restart when i get back rather than pick back up after two weeks off.

I did 30 day Shred yesterday. I also ran. I am sore this morning. Instead of doing the same workout of shred I am going to do phase 2 tomorrow and phase 3 the next one. Today I am doing TaeBo. It kills calories. I am also doing Firm Upper Body Sculpt with
  • hollyelise68
    I am really struggling with cravings the last two days. I am working hard. I drink atleast 10 glasses of water and have greek yogurt, almonds, and fruit with peanut butter for snacks. I dont even have anything bad in the house......but I have a car and want to drive for some bad stuff soooooo bad. I am getting grumpy, too.
  • hoyalawya2003
    So I'm being sent to physical therapy for two weeks. Also got some better meds which is nice. Think I may try a run on treadmill later with the sling. Also might go for a slow ride tomorrow or Monday maybe. Probably shouldn't but going a little stir crazy. Dr didn't seem too worried that I would make it worse. It'll either get better with time or it's a rotator cuff tear that will need surgery. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • bookworm_847
    Holly-- is there any way you could fit some of those cravings into your day? When I fit 2 oreos into my day, it makes it a lot easier to resist eating a whole package later on. It's tough when those cravings hit!

Hoya-- I hope you enjoy your ride and it's just what you & your horse need!

Chalean Extreme Burn Intervals today. I was so spent after that one that I sat on the couch for 5 minutes trying to get up and get in the shower, haha.

This next week is going to be strange--it's my last week of work at the court. I figure either two things will happen: either I'll get my emotional eating back under control because I don't have the stress of having to go each day to a job that didn't make me happy, or I'll be doing even more emotional eating because of the stress of an "OMG, what did I just do?" period while I'm looking for a library gig and waiting for school to start. We shall see.

Happy Saturday!
  • hollyelise68
    I ran this morning. We have gone to baseball and worked in the garden this evening. I am not having cravings as bad today. I think my body was just adjusting. Last night We walked 2 miles after i had already done two workouts. I was so tired I didnt think i could do it, but just did. I had red beans and rice for supper. Ive been eating very low carb and mostly eating vegetable and fruit carbs so I will see how it makes me feel.
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Hi! I'm alive! The other good news besides not being dead is that we have a new puppy! She is 9 weeks old and we are getting very little sleep right now. I could easily snag a part as an extra on the walking dead as a zombie.

I'm sorry I've been mia!
  • hollyelise68
    I did couch to 5k today. It was two 8 minute runs. I need to do weights, but have baseball tonight so will play that by ear.
  • bookworm_847
    Amee- How fun! What kind of puppy is she? Glad you're still with us :)

Holly- Well done with C25K. It sounds like you're really doing well with that!

I had Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. This is my last week of this phase, then I move on to Push next month. I ordered some adjustable dumbbells from Amazon, and am really excited for them to get here. I experimented with holding my 5 and 10 lb weights in one hand to see how 15 lbs would feel, and it was nice. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow though!

I never thought I'd be a gal who checks her mailbox each day to see if her weights arrived yet, lol.
  • hoyalawya2003
    Just a quick note to say hi! Glad y'all are getting your exercise in. The good news is I don't need surgery on my shoulder but the bad news is I am still not able to do anything other than walk. I plan to do a walk workout on the treadmill tonight, hopefully won't be too tired. I'm thinking if I crank up the incline maybe I will work up a sweat!
  • AmeeSandhu
    I did couch to 5k today. It was two 8 minute runs. I need to do weights, but have baseball tonight so will play that by ear.

Way to go Holly! Hawaii is getting close! !!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Amee- How fun! What kind of puppy is she? Glad you're still with us :)

Holly- Well done with C25K. It sounds like you're really doing well with that!

I had Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. This is my last week of this phase, then I move on to Push next month. I ordered some adjustable dumbbells from Amazon, and am really excited for them to get here. I experimented with holding my 5 and 10 lb weights in one hand to see how 15 lbs would feel, and it was nice. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow though!

I never thought I'd be a gal who checks her mailbox each day to see if her weights arrived yet, lol.

Bookworm, ty, she's a weimeraner. She's amazing!

What kind of adjustable weights? That's exciting! I would be stalking the mail too. Lol
  • AmeeSandhu
    Just a quick note to say hi! Glad y'all are getting your exercise in. The good news is I don't need surgery on my shoulder but the bad news is I am still not able to do anything other than walk. I plan to do a walk workout on the treadmill tonight, hopefully won't be too tired. I'm thinking if I crank up the incline maybe I will work up a sweat!

Hoya, great news. Walking is still really great exercise and a place holder so you don't go sedentary. ...like i would most likely do. Lol
  • bookworm_847
    Hoya- that's fantastic! How long until you can be doing what you were? Like Amee said, walking is a good placeholder :)

Amee- I ordered this from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MN50IZW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 Hubby got the black ones. It's a little spendy, but I figure it'll be cheaper than buying new weights as I go, and this should be heavy enough to hold me for a while!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Bookworm, those look really cool! Are you loving them?