5/21 Day 91 Thursday movin may 21

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Reflections: What's working and what's not?

Challenge: Today's challenge is to review your last 3 weeks. What's working and what's not? Are you sitting less and is it become easier and more natural? If not, why not? What needs to change? If it's just drudgery for you, maybe it's time to shift gears and try another way to be less sedentary?

Alternative Challenge: Sneak in exercises throughout the day!

Replies

• meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am walking more, but it's not all related to my "one thing". My one thing was to get up and fill my water cup every hour at work. Lately, I'm not doing that much at all, but at the end of the day my pedometer is still higher than in April. I am walking around the building and to and from my car and standing up more frequently. My co-worker has seen my increased movement and she will get up and move with me from time to time also. :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Thanks Megan, that's good input! And it sounds like you've inspired your co-worker to move more also! :)
  • Mare7272
    Mare7272 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am moving a lot more at home and work. I get up and get water which then makes me have more frequent bathroom breaks; I'm filling up 5 bottles a day (10 cups). I file more often instead of letting it pile up. I'm also doing a lot more chores during the week at home to keep myself busy and moving.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,172 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key for me with heathy food choices! If I ALLOW myself certain foods remembering PORTION control, it's extremely helpful.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    Just tucking the instructor's chair in when I teach has helped a lot. Other changes have been less successful. But I'm more aware of prolonged sitting. I still haven't found a way to grade papers while standing, but I've tried different things.
  • Jackeleenda
    Jackeleenda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is only day 1 for me so I did the alternative challenge. Moving more than off the couch to the kitchen is so daunting to me. So needless to say, I'm totally out of shape. But because of being on MFP, I managed to motivate and did 15 minutes of cardio. I know it's not a lot but if you personally knew me...whew that's a big deal! Lol!! Im proud of my first baby step! :smile: