Awesome non NS Recipes!

Options
rlhealey
rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
I have not had access to NS food in 7 weeks. Other than the Craving Crusher shakes, I don't plan on going back to NS food. I'm looking for ideas, awesome recipes, equivalent soups and bars, etc.

I have been eating Healthy Choice soup, Progresso Light Soup, Weight Watcher's Cereal, Atkins Chocolate Chip Granola bars, etc. All available at my local supermarket.

Replies

• Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you like breakfast sandwiches, the Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich is just like the NS frozen breakfast sandwich if you remove the cheese.
  • rlhealey
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »
    If you like breakfast sandwiches, the Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwich is just like the NS frozen breakfast sandwich if you remove the cheese.
    Sounds really good. I'll look for them in the grocery store tomorrow. Thanks!

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a good breakfast sandwich....if ur into organic there's a website called Thrive that has some interesting choices also online is a site called Boxed that sells like the big box stores and offers some interesting choices, too!!!

My fave off plan snack...when craving ice cream is
    1 frozen banana
    1 Tbsp chocolate protein powder
    1/4 cup almond milk
    Peel banana(I cut the ends off the banana, cut it into thirds and freeze it in the peel, then let it thaw for 3-5 minutes and cut the peel off), put chunks and powder into blender, food processor or nutribullet, vitamin, etc with powder....add SOME of the milk(I use almond you use whatever suits you) and pulse slowly....add more liquid as needed DO NOT over pulse...you will end up with chocolate soup....it's reminiscent of soft serve ice cream. Enjoy!
  • rlhealey
    Options
    Special K makes a good breakfast sandwich....if ur into organic there's a website called Thrive that has some interesting choices also online is a site called Boxed that sells like the big box stores and offers some interesting choices, too!!!

1 frozen banana
    1/4 cup almond milk
    Peel banana(I cut the ends off the banana, cut it into thirds and freeze it in the peel, then let it thaw for 3-5 minutes and cut the peel off), put chunks and powder into blender, food processor or nutribullet, vitamin, etc with powder....add SOME of the milk(I use almond you use whatever suits you) and pulse slowly....add more liquid as needed DO NOT over pulse...you will end up with chocolate soup....it's reminiscent of soft serve ice cream. Enjoy!

Sounds yummy! What's the protein powder?
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Randy....i use whey protein powder from Walmart....one of my employees told me GNC has some interesting flavors....like cookies and cream....im a chocoholic so u can use what tickes ur fancy....also....another awesome website for calorie conscious recipes and info is Greatist.com....
  • princessm928
    princessm928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Www.nashuanutrition.Com had some great shakes and stuff. That's where I have found other items. They have soups too. This is a great post. If you use the app pinterest you can type in Nutrisystem and lots of recipes come up that work on the program that don't require the meals. Good luck.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you are popcorn person, Randy, but I think the Smartfood Air popped popcorn is all but identical in macros to the NS popcorn. And VERY tasty!
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Special K breakfast sandwiches are great! Weight watchers deserts keep calories (and portions) under control.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also have a low glycemic index cookbook - great healthy recipes
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
  • rlhealey
    Options
    Thanks for the posts. I can't wait to try some of the new foods!
  • evhutchings
    Options
    What's the name of your cookbook? I've been looking for a low glycemic one forever!!!!!

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yes, me, too ... would love the name, SillyRabbit.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    What's the name of your cookbook? I've been looking for a low glycemic one forever!!!!!

I have two GI cookbooks now, although I haven't branched into them much. I'm regretting getting the digital version to be honest, BUT because I did if you happen to have a Nook, I think both of them are "lendme' books. Let me know and you could certainly borrow them and check them out if you'd like. The names of the ones I have are "Glycemic Index Diet and Cookbook" and "500 Low Glycemic Index Recipes".
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Patty. I don't have a Nook. I'll look these up.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options

1 frozen banana
    1/4 cup almond milk

I bought bananas yesterday specifically to try this :)
  • evhutchings
    Options

1 frozen banana
    1/4 cup almond milk

I bought bananas yesterday specifically to try this :)
    I keep the bananas in the peel when I freeze them...I just cut the ends off the banana...cut it in thirds and freeze it in the peel...take them out of the freezer for 3-5 minutes before I use them , slit the peel and they usually slip right out....hope u like it!!!!

• evhutchings
    Options

I have two GI cookbooks now, although I haven't branched into them much. I'm regretting getting the digital version to be honest, BUT because I did if you happen to have a Nook, I think both of them are "lendme' books. Let me know and you could certainly borrow them and check them out if you'd like. The names of the ones I have are "Glycemic Index Diet and Cookbook" and "500 Low Glycemic Index Recipes".
    I don't have a nook....I'm a kindle girl but I will definitely check out the titles.....when I went searching for low glycemic books all I found were scientific books with very little food or recipe ideas...thanks for the tip!!!! Valerie

• pattyperkins927
    Options
    You all have probably found them already, but I picked up some frozen turkey burger patties at Walmart the other day - by Butterball. 6 for $6.98, and pretty darn tasty! AND for 240 calories, there are only 2 carbs and 31g protein!! More than fits into the NS dinner profile!, and were reasonably moist :)
  • evhutchings
    Options
    You all have probably found them already, but I picked up some frozen turkey burger patties at Walmart the other day - by Butterball. 6 for $6.98, and pretty darn tasty! AND for 240 calories, there are only 2 carbs and 31g protein!! More than fits into the NS dinner profile!, and were reasonably moist :)
    Thanks...gonna look out for those!!!!