Emotional Eating

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
I've always liked to eat but never considered myself an emotional eater until I had a really rough Monday this week. First thing in the morning, I received a call that my very good friend Tonya had passed away from breast cancer. She wasn't even 40 years old. Then Swati's mom was experiencing chest pain and went to the ER. They determined she had a heart attack. Talk about a stressful day! I wound up going to town on a box of my son's Chips Ahoy cookies. I barely remember eating them but just found myself snacking throughout the morning. Eventually, I caught myself and thought I should leave some for him.

Instead of continuing to eat blindly, I decided to put my energy into working out as a healthier way to deal with the stress and emotion. I burned 718 calories working out that day. On Tuesday, I stayed away from the emotional eating and burned 1124 calories working out! I have since slowed down a bit with the workouts even though I did feel great afterwards (did not want to over do it and get hurt - not until I am in better shape). So I guess this whole lifestyle change thing is working. I am actually making conscious decisions that are affecting my health in a positive way.

Swati and I would appreciate you keeping her mom in your prayers. Tonya's father is a preacher and I am sure her family would appreciate your prayers as well. Thanks all. -Michael

Replies

• Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    All in my prayers. Hope all will be ok!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Definitely in my prayers, Mike.

And, for you, too. :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers Michael
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good job catching yourself and handling your stress in a healthy way. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend, Tonya. That is so difficult to deal with especially with her being so young. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Swati, Swati's mom, and Tonya's family.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Swat's mom is still in the hospital but has been improving (we had a really scary moment yesterday). Swati is there with her mom now and has been all day but did bring her NS Bars with her. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    So glad she's improving.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all of you and your friends! Please keep us posted! By keeping YOU healthy and on track you will be more useful to everyone else! Much love and good vibes coming to you & Swati!!!!!!
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all family and friends!
  • swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your prayers & well wishes. My mother is doing much better & will hopefully be coming home this weekend. Your support means the world to Mike & me and we will always be grateful. God Bless You All.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goodness that is stressful for sure. Mike I am so very sorry for your loss. Swatim, I'm also sorry about your mother but so very glad she is improving. Prayers for both of you.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Oh, good, Swati. That's great she's coming home. Bless you!