pureed foods!

Options
TN_Tinker
TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
I have one week left of a month of liquids, then I have a month of pureed foods. I need ideas! What is/was your favorites? Please help a girl out?!

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Egg salad made with greek yogurt and brown deli mustard, ricotta baked with tomato sauce, shaved turkey with mushroom gravy - good luck!!
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    Thanks Joysie, you always have my back!
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Take this with a grain of salt as my surgeon went straight from full liquid to soft food (working up in density/firmness) so I never really had a purée stage per se. The first week was very soft or blended food so I think that's kinda like purée?

I second the baked ricotta. It was so good! I have always been an egg kinda girl so a soft (almost runny) scrambled egg with a little cream cheese mixed in was my first post op food. Found a soft poached egg went pretty well too. Shepards pie was also a good one as was blenderized chili. Fish type salads (or sautéed fish mushed with a fork) were good. If you're down for tofu, I loved tofu as weird as that is. You will eat things at this stage you will probably never eat again lol... Won't touch tuna salad to this day!

HOWEVER...Be on guard your first meal because it will taste like the best food ever and the temptation to scarf it down is definitely there. I learned the hard way that a. My stomach was still kinda numb from surgery so full signals didn't happen till a few weeks out and b. I absolutely COULD NOT eat a whole egg (I can now). I don't throw up (no really, haven't in about 20 years) but I wish I did after that meal.

Take it slow, and certainly enjoy!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My puree and soft foods were the same stage so I didn't have to puree real soft foods: tuna, egg, chicken salad made with wholy guacamoly, refried beans with melted cheese, ricotta bake, I pureed any meat the family had with broth (ham and meatloaf were the best), yogurt (great at all stages - it was on my full liquids as well), cottage cheese with strained fruits, baked white fish, mashed potatoes are good but I would only have a very small amount so I could hit my protein, scrabbled eggs, oatmeal (i would usually add some protein powder).
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being in the next "phase"! Check out this website---- http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

She has TONS of pureed food recipes. :) Enjoy!
  • TN_Tinker
    Options
    oh thank you sooooooooooooooooo much! You people are awesome!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, baked ricotta, egg salad, scrambled egg, and my favorite--cottage cheese! Also, refried beans with a little cheddar or salsa.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What others have said - plus, I ate hummus, I would add a little to my cottage cheese, and I would add unflavored protein powder to refried beans. I have heard of some people pureeing meat but the thought of that.... ugh, no! lol
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I took pretty much anything high protein and ran it through a food processor with some broth. One of my favorites that didn't need to go through the foood processor was noodless lasagna. 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese mixed with one egg, use 1/2 as the base, a little spagetti sauce and mozzerella cheese and then repeat. Bake 30 minutes at 325 or until set. Makes enough at this stage for about 4 or 5 meals. PS - I added 1/2 cup browned ground meat to this when I got to the soft food stage as it upped the protein and was still easy on the stomach.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Love the eggface blog! She rocks!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Testing before surgery I found that blending cottage and eggs together before cooking made them very silky and soft.