Introducing myself

Options
Hello

I am 29 years old and have struggled with pcos for 15 years. I have had a difficult time losing weight and currently weigh 90 kilos or about 198 pounds. Its beeen a big struggle for me and i would really appreciate advice or tips from you all i think i am prediabetic if not diabetic. Will appreciate your advice!

Replies

• LBGyrl
    LBGyrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2002 and have been struggling with it ever since. My weight, at its highest was 331.7lbs. Although I was never diagnosed as prediabetic, my doctor (endocrinologist) suggested, STRONGLY, that I get lap band surgery. So, after some soul searching and a very long boring lecture by that same doctor on a recent study of PCOS, I got the surgery on the Monday before Thanksgiving 2014. So far (literally 6 months later) I have lost 40lbs. If you want a friend for encouragement go ahead and friend me. I find that when I calculate everything on MFP and take pictures of the food I am eating (I know that sounds odd but it really does help because you can't deny how much you actually ate) I am able to lose the weight easier. Good Luck! :smiley: