Today I am mostly freaking out...

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
....because its 2 weeks to Superhuman and I'm JUST NOT READY

The challenges weights and reps came out yesterday. So there is 5x20 min rounds with a partner.

1. 400m assault course. 100 points per lap, alternating laps with partner for 20 mins
2. Tyre flips - 5 flips of a 180kg tyre (with partner) and 10 burpees alternating with partner for 20 mins
3. VO2 max. 300m row and 150m shuttle run, swap roles after 10 mins
4. Farmer carry and sandbag drag. 40kg farmer carry (2x20) and 15kg sandbag drag swapping roles after 10 mins
5. Tyre slams and deadlifts. 5x65kg deadlift each then hitting a 10kg tyre 30m wth a 7lb sledgehammer alternating

Ive been totally rebelling for last 2 weeks because the obvious thing to do when you have a comp like this coming up is to stop training and eat *****. So Ive given myself a shake. Been shopping for decent food and back on the gym from tomorrow.

If someone could possibly scrape me off the ceiling that would be swell....

Replies

• persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are a braver woman than I am. Presumably you entered this challenge of your own free will and want to do it. I suspect you are a very determined variety of person and can nail this if put your mind to it. Good luck :)
  • maoribadger
    Options
    I did and I do. I am actually looking forward to it, I am just also terrified lol
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know what most of that means but it makes me sore just thinking about it. I'm not generally a competitive person, not physically, and except for childhood sports (most of which I hate now) don't compete at any sports. But having started to now do things that are physically challenging for myself I can certainly understand the feeling of wanting something and then finding out your underprepared for it. All I can suggest is reevaluate what you expect to achieve for yourself so that you can be more realistic about where you are at. It's not a failure to realize your expectations were off, and makes it a lot easier to see the real accomplishments amongst all the frustration.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Lise, you can do this. You made such huge strides before you had to regroup. No matter what you can do, it will be 100x better than what you DIDN'T do this time last year. I try to always use that to keep perspective on my goals/accomplishments. If you are better than the old you, the new you WINS no matter WHAT!! (hugs)
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thankyou hon. Means the world to me. I'm just determined to finish now