Wild Meat

Options
peachhunting
peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
I am from northern Ontario, in Canada. I hunt because I love to be outdoors. I eat what I hunt because I love the fact that my meat is all organic and healthy and take great comfort in knowing that my family eats well.
We eat moose, deer, turkey, fish, and grouse all year.
No preservatives, no additives.

Replies

• lloydwells66
    lloydwells66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas and love to hunt, and just being outdoors! I eat everything I harvest. Regulations are pretty strict here, so we can't eat wild meat all year long (I envy you @peachhunting ) But I try my best to feed us as well as I can. Looking forward to meeting others via this group. :)
  • peachhunting
    peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Our hunting season up here is the fall, with a spring turkey hunt so I cut, wrap, and freeze all my meat. Every week my wife will pull steaks or ground meat out for the week.

What do you hunt? I am guessing deer, turkey, and hogs.
  • lloydwells66
    lloydwells66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep... deer, turkey and hogs (lots of the latter)... and for them there is no season since they are considered a nuisance species. :) So we have plenty of pork. :)
  • lisag1288
    lisag1288 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm 35 from Pennsylvania. I am not the greatest hunter...but friends and family keep me well stocked. Any low calorie ideas to cook deer? I fry up steaks, use the burger in just about everything like spaghetti, sloppy Joes, tacos, chili. Also make basic roasts with potatoes and carrots. Any new and delicious ideas for me?! Also have a goose breast I need to use up.