Losing weight is easier with friends.

Options
Or at least that is what I am told. Hi I am Brittany I am 26 and a student and a student worker. I desperately need to lose some weight I will not lie. I was recently diagnosed with FibroMyalga. Also my family failed to mention to me that High Cholesterol and heart disease runs in my family. My cholesterol is all but deadly at this point as well. So after processing all of this, I have decided, I am not giving up I will lose the 67 pounds that I desperately need to. But I want some friends. I need friends to help me do this..and lets face it the people that I do have around me are the " Lets eat and watch movies" people...I want friends ^.^

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I too have fibromyalgia and am current working towards losing 20-30lbs . I was almost at target weight but a flare up of fibromyalgia left me in too much pain to work out and depression made me eat all the food. I am 43 with 3 children and a fulltime job. Friend request me if you would like. My long term goals are to return to the fitness levels I had at diagnosis. I was a half marathon runner who lifted weights and did insanity for fun. Those days are gone for now but I am determined they will be back. I wish you luck on your journey.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have different stuff than you , but pain is pain! It can make it hard sometimes, but you WILL make it this time!
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I understand. With friends to motivate you there is hope. Also, being a younger woman the loss should come easier than you think. A low sugar diet can help inflammation. College stress and work stress combined with college student eating habits are just plain unhealthy! Time take care of you.
  • tlfoth
    tlfoth Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tonya and I'm new as well. It's nice to meet people with fibromyalgia. People that don't have it don't understand how bad you hurt and how limited your activities are.
  • NightyNightOwlie
    NightyNightOwlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Christina! I am 28 (Almost 29!! EEk!), I have Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Klippel-Feil Syndrome. Phew. That's a lot, huh? I was an active person, working out almost every day, chasing kiddos around, and being the best person I could be two years ago...then one day it felt like I was coming down with the flu. But it wasn't the flu. Docs couldn't figure it out, until one day they discovered everything I had. I've been sedentary every since. I can't work because I can't stand for more than 15 mins. I spend most of my day in bed. And I am at least 50 pounds heavier than I should be.
    But I want to change this. I want to beat the odds. I will be starting remicade soon. I'm already on methotrexate and a huge amount of meds that are keeping me heavier than I want to be. But I am hoping I can be more active and lose some weight!!
    Friend request me if you'd like to be encourage buddies!! <3 Any of you!
    Gentle hugs!
  • josorenson74
    josorenson74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am jen and I am 40 (yikes i hate typing that). I have been dealing with fibro since i was 24-25 i guess. I have a lot of other health issues most of which are pain related in one way or another. I have been on a medically supervised diet in preparation for bariatric surgery. I have lost 13.8 lbs as of my last visit. I hate scales so I have no idea how much i have lost this month. I have a long way to go yet, probably about 100 lbs over what i would like to be. I have been heavy since i hit puberty and that seems to be a theme in my family. Feel free to add me to friends if you wish and I know you can do this.. Every step you take is more than the people just sitting on the couch are doing, and even just the weight i have lost in the last 5 months has made it easier for me to do things I could not before.
  • bkscott5
    bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't have Fibro but I have several health issues that include chronic pain so I'm in bed pretty much all the time. Now I've tested positive for 3 blood markers for Lupus along with a new health problem recently. I have lost weight, my tracker is off, but I went from a 14 to a 6 & it ONLY took like 700 days. Lol. Losing weight when you can't work out & spend all your time in bed. Only other people with pain know what we go through & some of the things Non-painers say is very hurtful & sometimes very insulting. How many times have you heard it's only in your head & if you worked out you would feel so much better? No, actually breathing hurts & doing more only increases the pain & some days are much worse than others. I really would like to have some muscles, not just for the weight loss & look but laying around is bad for your health. I wanted to get a swim spa since very warm water (aqua therapy pools are usually over 90*) since moving in water is easier but even if I could get one I wouldn't be able to pay to heat it, Social Security Disability doesn't even cover my medical bills (DH makes $50k/yr & his Worldwide company has the worse ins I've ever heard of. We pay over $400/mo for 2adults w/dependant(s) & have a $4500.00 deductible! So if I got really lucky & only had $4000.00 of medical bills for the yr we would have to pay over $5000.00 just for that little card that says we have medical ins! Sorry, very bad subject & don't even get me started on what they do with our Rxs!) & right now they are reviewing my case & I'm stressed that they won't approve me again (5 Drs have written letters stating I can't work) & I'll lose the money to help pay for medical. TMI sorry, but it all adds more stress that adds to the pain & depression which makes me stress eat & gain weight that also makes the pain worse. So I'm trying to find some things that people can do with medical & pain issues that can even be done in bed. I haven't found any videos with very low key exercises (Jane Fonda & I think it Denise who had workout tapes for everything except mobility/pain), not that one exercise would work for everyone of us. So along with supporting each other maybe together we can also figure out some ways that we can find to burn more calories. Anyone can Friend Request me if I haven't scared everyone off.