NS Shakes

Options
dottieketostrong
dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
I have been using the protein shakes, but I see others post about the craving crushers.
What is the difference nutritionally?

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I still have the material from my FF, and here is the breakdown on the women's Craving Crusher shake:

150 Calories, 3 Fat, .5 Trans Fat, 5 Cholesterol, 210 Sodium, 21 Carbs, 3 Fiber, 9 Sugar, 13 Protein.
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Oh the protein shake is better then. It has 110 calories and 15 grams of protein
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The Craving Crusher shake counts and a smartcarb and a powerfuel. The NS protein shakes count as a powerfuel. I like them both, but I try to stick to the regular protein shakes in order to get a serving of fruit each day as a smartcarb. The protein shake is my favorite part of my day. Does anyone else have ideas on ways to tweak the protein shake? I love suggestions. Thanks!
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    I put PB2 in it, or frozen strawberries or blueberries. I use crushed ice to make it like a frosty
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Dottie...if you freeze your fruit do you still need the ice????
  • spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The protein shake is my favorite part of my day. Does anyone else have ideas on ways to tweak the protein shake? I love suggestions. Thanks!

I used to use the NS protein shakes every day and found that they work better with REALLY cold water. I'd mix it up at work and didn't have access to a blender so using ice was a no go. So I would take some water and put it in the freezer for a bit to get it really cold and then mix it up. I'd also take the vanilla or chocolate ones and mix them into my coffee and then not need any cream or sugar in the coffee. (make sure you have a large coffee cup because you really have to stir the powder like crazy to keep it from clumping up.) I also remember seeing people make cakes out of the protein powder-- I don't have a recipe but I'm sure someone saved it or can go get it off of the old NS boards.

In case anyone is looking for a different protein shake I highly recommend Quest protein powder. I got away from protein shakes because I prefer to EAT my food rather than DRINK it. But a while back I decided to try the Quest peanut butter protein powder because I enjoy their protein bars so much. And let me tell you... It is quite good. AND one scoop (that you mix with 8oz of water) is 110 calories and a whopping 23g of protein!
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Where can you buyt Quest?
  • spamanda53
    Options
    Where can you buyt Quest?

You can buy it on their website (questnutrition.com) or on netrition.com or I'd assume most vitamin stores. I bought it at vitamin shoppe for cheaper than either of those websites though. It might have been on sale at the time... Those stores almost always have something on sale and no shipping! Haha
  • spamanda53
    Options
    I just checked and the powder appears to be 39.99 on their website and also on netrition. Vitamin Shoppe shows it as 38.99. So if you have one of those near you, you can save a dollar. Or they also say free shipping on orders over $35.

Netrition has a flat shipping rate of like $5 and so does Quest.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Gosh, I bought some of the Chocolate --- its' supposed to be one of hte protein powders that are good to bake with (it makes a thicker shake than the ND craving crusher, btw). I think I found mine at the grocery store (HyVee) in the organic/diel suppliment area, and I'm SURE mine wasn't $40! I'll try to price check next time I go up there. I want to see if I can replicate some of the NS baked goods and save some $$.
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    It is on Amazon. 36.99 for a 2 pound bottle. How many scoops does it take to make one shake?
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    I clicked on FIND STORE and see they sell it in Panama City, and I will be going there next week to spend a few days on the beach. I am going to get some, I think. It is cheaper that NS shakes.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I mix my shake according to directions, but also add 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 cal). I add sugar free Tosani syrup. Put it in the frig at work for a couple of hours - thickens nicely!!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    It is on Amazon. 36.99 for a 2 pound bottle. How many scoops does it take to make one shake?

According to my package, 1 scoop makes 1 shake, and the 2 lb container is supposed to make 29 servings. I have mixed some PB2 with mine and put it in the freezer before for a nice little frozen treat . . .
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Awesome! I like to add dry Hershey's cocoa to shakes sometimes and even a little brewed coffee. I can't wait to get this! I canceled the shakes with NS. Saved me over $50 on my order.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of spinach to your shake. remarkably, You can not taste it at all, but gives you a veggie serving.
    You can also add a tiny tiny drop of mint flavoring and have a chocolate mint drink.
    Vanilla shake?- not tried one yet but I assume you could actually crush any of your cookie, or chocolate desserts into it and have a awesome shake!!!!
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    Yes, I have used spinach before! Can't taste it at all!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know I put this in the NS Food Tweaks page but it will also go well here. NS Smooth Vanilla Shake Mix + Orange Powerade Zero = an Orange Creamsicle Recovery drink (good after working out).
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    I know I put this in the NS Food Tweaks page but it will also go well here. NS Smooth Vanilla Shake Mix + Orange Powerade Zero = an Orange Creamsicle Recovery drink (good after working out).

That sounds awesome
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

That sounds awesome

It really is.