Ok Ladies and Gents...

Options
Brans34
Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
I'm thinking we need a mini challenge thrown in here!

I've noticed that a LOT of us are starting to slow down, or posting that we are "just maintaining this week." Myself included! I went over my calories one day and went up 2 lbs! And it's been 4 days since then, so I don't think it's just water weight. I basically backed up a whole week!

Anyways...Any ideas? Like an extra 5 miles this week, either walking or running/jogging?

Lets kick this back up!

Replies

• joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think a distance / step related mini-challenge sounds like a great idea.
    If we start it June 1st it will give people a positive first week of June too (Added bonus!)

We may need to set it as a % of a usual target or a set amount based on activity level.

I aim to walk 3 Miles a day as I have a sedentary desk job so don't really do much during the day.
    I also only aim to hit it 3 times a week, as certain things can prevent me getting it and I don't want to lose motivation.

So using my example:

3 (Miles) x 5 (Days) = 15 (Miles)
    15 (Miles) / 4 (25%) = 3.75 (Additional Miles for Challenge).
    3.75 (Miles) / 5 (Days) = 0.75 (Miles a Day)

Total Daily Target = 3.75 Miles Per Day
  • Brans34
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea!
    I just got a new seat for my bike (dog ate the last one
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree about having a challenge for June - it's a great idea. A distance goal would work for me, or steps or total time exercising. We could also aim to have a certain number of days under our calorie target. My personal goal is to average 15000 steps a day for June but 10000 would be a reasonable goal.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have definitely been slowing down and had planned on doing something like this from next Monday so definitely count me in! This looked great :)

I'm going to aim to walk 4 miles a day. I too have a desk job but I can usually get about 3 miles in on my lunch so I will find an extra mile from somewhere!
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ok so my goals for June are averaging 15000 steps a day, and to lose 4kg or get to 81.5 kg (or for Americans get under 180.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great idea - I'm going to keep doing my Pilates and Yoga but really need to add walking. I'm just stuck, and while I'm happy I'm not gaining, I need to lose weight. I'll start with a goal of at least 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good idea. Maybe an option of the period of time in exercising if we can't do miles or steps? There are times I can't go out (can't leave baby while sleeping, too hot mid day and sometimes too busy in the afternoon) so I can only exercise indoors in the evening.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great. Although on target do need to get activity levels up.
  • Brans34
    Options
    This sounds great! Does MFP have somewhere that tells you your average time spent exercising? I keep an "exercise diary" that I can look at that has "gym/exercise time" per week. . Over the last 14 weeks, I spend about 6 hours (on average) exercising every week. I am going to aim for an extra hour a week (10 minutes a day), to get 7 hours a week, and make sure (weather permitting) I get 2 bike rides in per week. Its been raining a LOT here for the last few weeks, which has really put a dent in my exercise!
    So...for June: my challenge is 7 hours a week working out!

Good luck everyone! We can do this! Only 5 more weeks till our goals! Lets finish strong!
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My Goal is 3.75miles a day rather than my usual target of 3mpd.

Monday 1st - 5.93miles:
    97.67% increase on my usual Target.
    58.13% increase on my Goal Target.
  • Brans34
    Options
    I spent about an hour working in the gardens/yard, then spent almost 2 hours taking apart old bikes to make 1 that works. One of the 3 boys got a new bike for Christmas, and for some reason, the brakes would just lock up on him at random times, which threw the chain. Of all the bikes we have laying around, the only one with a back tire (with the sprocket I needed) was a tiny bike. So, now his bike has the normal 12 in tire in front, and like a 9 in tire in back. It looks kinda funny(like a low-rider), but it works and he actually likes it. They all said it looks cool, and now all three of them want to ride his bike, rather than his own.LOL
    Anywho...then we went to my ex mother in laws so my 15 year old could weed eat her yard for her, got back home, made dinner, and then didn't have enough time to go for a walk or anything. However, I do feel like I burned quite a few calories creating a Franken-bike! So I'm going to count that as part of it. I'll have a better walk today! I'm working with my 3 year old on riding his bike better (he keeps peddling right for a while, then slamming the brakes cause he switches to reverse peddling). I think he'll have it down pretty good soon, where he can ride his bike and I can jog beside him. That'll be GREAT!
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't stuck to my earlier goal but starting today after work - I'm walking! I have lost a grand total of 3 lbs in this challenge and am trying not to get discouraged. I'm focusing on the fact that I feel better, my clothes fit better, and I'm doing Yoga and Reformer classes 3-4 times a week. What I'm missing is cardio.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    This sounds great! Does MFP have somewhere that tells you your average time spent exercising? I keep an "exercise diary" that I can look at that has "gym/exercise time" per week. . Over the last 14 weeks, I spend about 6 hours (on average) exercising every week. I am going to aim for an extra hour a week (10 minutes a day), to get 7 hours a week, and make sure (weather permitting) I get 2 bike rides in per week. Its been raining a LOT here for the last few weeks, which has really put a dent in my exercise!
    So...for June: my challenge is 7 hours a week working out!

Good luck everyone! We can do this! Only 5 more weeks till our goals! Lets finish strong!

Look under the reports tab
    You can scroll down and check out your average on many different things.
    Good luck!