100% Challenge - Spring Means 100% Green - Mon 5/11 to Sun 6/21 - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    kmhawk wrote: »
    5/27 100%

Thank you for all the advice on the ads. I never click on ads and hardly ever on links lol. Even when I get emails that are likely legitimate, I still go straight to the website. I'm just that paranoid :)

-Kim
    5/27 100%

Better to be paranoid than scammed!

2HyQ.gif
    psvcevyBMfc3An56bkb2
    kj4sestnfuybo6nd553bz
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Roger, I use Amazon Cloud Drive for important files, but I just added some more files to it. I do use an external hard drive as a backup and never even thought about that getting infected also. So now I'm paranoid LOL!

2HyQ.gif
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    5/28 Not 100%
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    NOT 27MAY :#
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    5/28 100%

h3s9bbryc25j.gif

88492762.png s9qhza68u7ed.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    05/28/2015 100%

Well my BWB arrived last week and my BBB just arrived today the 28th. Now I can try the new Shelf Stable Lunches and Dinners.
    Have a Good Friday
    RogerToo
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Roger, I use Amazon Cloud Drive for important files, but I just added some more files to it. I do use an external hard drive as a backup and never even thought about that getting infected also. So now I'm paranoid LOL!

2HyQ.gif

Hi Cindy
    The encrypting Ransomeware will do any storage device it finds, even network shares. So I pull the power from external drives for two reasons. Protect the contents and extend the life of the drive. Just like when I hear a Thunderstorm approaching I shut down the computer and remove the AC from the power supply. A Desktop or Laptop that is plugged in is vulnerable to a powerline surge.

Cheers
    RogerToo
  • Chalmation
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    05/28/2015 100%

Well my BWB arrived last week and my BBB just arrived today the 28th. Now I can try the new Shelf Stable Lunches and Dinners.
    Have a Good Friday
    RogerToo

2HyQ.gif

Hi Cindy
    The encrypting Ransomeware will do any storage device it finds, even network shares. So I pull the power from external drives for two reasons. Protect the contents and extend the life of the drive. Just like when I hear a Thunderstorm approaching I shut down the computer and remove the AC from the power supply. A Desktop or Laptop that is plugged in is vulnerable to a powerline surge.

Cheers
    RogerToo
    You know, after I posted last night I thought about that. If I can see my cloud drive and what's on it, so can ransomware. And I don't keep my external hard drive hooked up to the computer all the time, only when I'm backing up once a week. I use the cloud mainly in case the computer and external hard drive crash.

Cindy
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% May 28

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    You know, after I posted last night I thought about that. If I can see my cloud drive and what's on it, so can ransomware. And I don't keep my external hard drive hooked up to the computer all the time, only when I'm backing up once a week. I use the cloud mainly in case the computer and external hard drive crash.

Cindy

Hi Cindy
    You are not the only paranoid person out there. I do take it to extremes however.In addition to the SSD Boot drives in everything. NO Moving parts and really nice bump in speed. I use a 256Gb flash drive and a 1Tb SSD drive mounted to use as an external drive and BluRay Disks and Regular external drives! No wonder I'm always broke :)

Cheers
    RogerToo

• CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    100% 05/28/2015
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5/28 100%
  • whatsasize8
    whatsasize8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Kim, careful is what you are, and wise. We need to protect our PC's. I carry our accounting info on it - I can't afford for spyware or other such ickybots to be installed on it.

RogerToo, will you let us know your opinion on the new NS meals?

Cindy, what's the cost on the Amazon Cloud? I've been thinking about using an independent site to backup my PC for some time...maybe carbonite?

Linda Kay, can I assume you were 100% on 5/22 and 5/25?

I think I'm going to drop lwcloud (Mary Ann) and Jen. Jen asked to be dropped, and Mary Ann has been a no show. I'm going to track down Sandi and Roger.

100% 5/26-5/27
    NOT 5/28

Got too snacky last night and wasn't wise with my choices. In addition to my NS dessert I had a bag of crunchies mixed fruit & a SF popsicle. I also had a Tbsp of pb. I should have had a boiled egg and walked away.
  • Chalmation
    Options
    5/28 100%
    Cindy, what's the cost on the Amazon Cloud? I've been thinking about using an independent site to backup my PC for some time...maybe carbonite?
    I have Amazon Prime, so I get unlimited photos and 5G of everything else for free. For non-Prime, that plan is $12/year. Unlimited everything is $60/year.

2HyQ.gif
    BMfc3A
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    5/29 100%

h3s9bbryc25j.gif

88492762.png s9qhza68u7ed.gif

qsqeusc48j8l.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • YesIcanIjustdoit
    YesIcanIjustdoit Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Okay time for me to get back in the swing.... Sunday, Its on!!!!! Glad to be back
  • 4aay
    4aay Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Not 100% May 27-28

The good part is that I did Not buy the Pizza or the Chinese that I was wanting and considered ordering on the drive to town; I did eat extra on-plan protein bar and had some popcorn and a few crackers. Resisted today also and had an on-plan day to boot!
  • 4aay
    4aay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sonya, thanks! thanks for the spreadsheet work too.

I am really printing that graphic out now! Cravings seem to be overwhelming during certain times and I may need reminder in my face when I go food gazing.

openfridge_zpsemshtuoa.jpg
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    5/29 100%
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5/28 - 5/29 100 %
  • Chalmation
    Options