week one

Options
maureenkirah
maureenkirah Posts: 11 Member
So I'm one week out and doing pretty good. First day to get all my required liquids in. One more week of clear liquids. Then two weeks of full liquids. My husband is having a harder time with my diet restrictions than I am. All he wants to do is get take out. Oh well I'm sure this will pass, it's just the stress of my surgery that is getting to him. He was pretty freaked about it.

Replies

• TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend had a hard time with my surgery also. He is adjusting. (it has only been a month) Now that I am on soft protein he enjoys scarfing up the parts of a meal I can not eat. I am afraid he will need the surgery next lol
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Once you get past the liquid phases things will be better. I told my husband he could do what ever he wanted until I got on solid foods. I just didn't want to cook!! He got tired of take out pretty quickly! I am now 3 1/2 months out and all is well. I left him to his own devices and he began eating much healthier and has lost about 15 pounds too! Glad your doing well! Keep sipping and walking!! :)
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You're doing great maureenkirah. I made a list of easy meals my hubby could make on his own. But he's pretty easygoing. Burgers on the grill, hot dogs, omelets, BLT, burritos, frozen individual pizzas, spaghetti and sausage. Plus I started him off by making goulash and cornbread before surgery.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks most of the time, we modify the food for me, and he adds cheese and all the goodies he likes for himself. I sometimes forget to eat so he reminds me it's time to eat. Love that man.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Liquid stage SUCKED for me. But, now it's barely a memory! I hear you on the different diet for my spouse... As weird as it is I liked cooking for my husband during that time as it made me feel slightly more normal since I love to cook. Hang in there, this is the hardest part and you're almost there! Also, I found Chinese/ Vietnamese take out would give me wonton soup and pho broth (nothing in it) for like a dollar and that helped a lot with the hubby getting takeout
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I too liked to cook during that phase - and watched Food Network nonstop LOL it was weird! But like others have said it will be a distant memory before you know it - if his wanting take is bugging you maybe ask him to actually go out? Transition can be tough - sounds like you are doing fantastic! Enlist the help of your support system too if needed a couple of call outs for some casseroles to pop in the fridge will keep him in food for a week or more ;)