Tracking Workouts

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
This question comes up over again: How do I add my workouts to the MFP exercise diary?

If you have a heart rate monitor that is truly your best means of calculating how many calories you've burned.

If you do not have a heart rate monitor, this website has been recommended in various threads on MFP: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

When I have used my HRM and the above website, the calories burned are remarkably close.

Either of these should work, regardless of whether you're doing 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme or any other beachbody product.

Replies

• blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • littleboopy
    littleboopy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Using a HRM is truly a life changing tool. It gives you the closest estimate compared to online calculators and info online about what others burn. Highly recommended :-) There's one around for every budget
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    *bump*
  • kathymford
    kathymford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just answered my next question!
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee Thank you for posting the link with the calculator. Very helpful.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined this group today, which I'm calling day 3 of the fix (I started with the diet Tuesday but didn't exercise that day so I called it day 0). I am thinking of getting a heart rate monitor to better monitor my workout burn and I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions of ones you've used and liked. Thanks in advance for all the helpful information in this group!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use a polar.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a printable sheet for counting reps? I'd like to do this and can invent my own but if someone already has one I'd be forever grateful. You know name of the work-out and then a place to jot down the number you did in between reps?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mrsewert I don't but I know I could put one together easily enough. Which workouts though? I mean, Pilates and Yoga don't really lend themselves to focusing on reps. So just the cardio and upper/lower ones? Also, I don't have the bonus Plyo DVD so if you would need that, you'd need to find someone else to do that. Maybe we can create a document in google docs that's open and share the link here. I'm sure that between two or three of us, we can create a tracker for anyone else interested in having a printable tracker.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the Upper/Lower and Cardio ones. I wrote down the ones I kept track of on cardio but didn't on today's Upper Fix.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I think that would be great, a printable tracker or even a tracker someone could copy and update online. Google docs makes it doable either way.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing containers, not the videos...

My trainer kicked my booty this morning. I burned 600 calories in about 70 minutes! Probably more because my HRM lost signal a few times.

I have a fitbit and a HRM, but ignore both and just eat 2000 calories a day like my trainer wants me to.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    bump
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    bump (that time of the month again)