June Mini Challenges

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Monday June 1
Ahanksa Wrote:
FOOD: To finish out the discussion from last week on organic foods, I want to share with you the "Dirty Dozen Plus". This is a list of fruits and vegetables which are high in pesticides. Nearly all of the data used to determine the pesticide level in these foods took into account how people typically wash and prepare produce - for example, apples were washed and bananas peeled before testing. The following "Dirty Dozen Plus" had the highest pesticide load, making them the most important to buy organic versions - or to grow them organically yourself: Apples, Strawberries, Grapes, Celery, Peaches, Spinach, Sweet bell peppers, Nectarines (imported), Cucumbers, Cherry tomatoes, Snap peas (imported), and Potatoes. Plus these which may contain organophosphate insecticides, which are highly toxic and of special concern to environmental groups: Hot peppers and Blueberries (domestic). So, when given a choice, pick organic if you can when it comes to these fruits and vegetables. Finally, this is the beginning of a new month. So, take the time to look at your progress. Have you reset your weight as you have lost (or gain or maintained), have you looked at your progress to take a minute and pat yourself on the back on your progress, or have you looked and seen a pattern of eating or exercise that you want to change or exaggerate. You get the point, take a moment and reflect on your journey! EXERCISE: Ok, so I am not a big fan of sit ups...not good at them at all. But I can do crunches (though I hate them). So this week's challenge is crunches (or sit ups if you prefer). For the next 6 days starting today you will do your maximum number of crunches today (let's say 25 as an example) then you add 5 sit ups or crunches past your maximum number each day starting tomorrow. In 6 days you should have 50 for example if you start at 25. Let's see how everyone does.... INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.---Tommy Kelley **Hope everyone had a great weekend and that you have a wonderful week...Happy Monday!!**

Replies

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm going to choose crunches on this one not sure what my max is guess I'll find out this evening. Thanx
  • DanielleH1708
    DanielleH1708 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am also going to start with crunches.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I will start my crunches this evening.
  • kewers0718
    kewers0718 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will also start my crunches tonight.
  • jodyedgar87
    jodyedgar87 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!
  • adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Crunches it is! :)
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    jmedgar wrote: »
    Let's do it!

• JulieEllul
    JulieEllul Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    going to attempt the 30 day squat challenge with this group challenge...its a beginners one I think...Refinery 29 posted the plan and videos
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ok i did 40 crunches. 45 tomorrow. good luck yall :)
  • scpr542
    scpr542 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    51 crunches today 56 Tom!!! We got this
  • thinkpink73089
    thinkpink73089 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome I'm in! Going to try some crunches tonight.
  • betancourtky
    betancourtky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started with 30 crunches, 35 tomorrow!!!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    25 crunches today!
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Will do crunches tonight.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I will be doing crunches tonight. I have another challenge going that includes crunches so here we go!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    45 crunches done will do 50 tomorrow!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have been doing stretches and 15 crunches on each side first thing in the morning. I'll add 5 more every day.
  • rbendixen
    rbendixen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just read this post; I got up out of bed to do my crunches. Thanks to everyone involved for helping to get me motivated. Only 20 crunches, but at least I've started.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did 30 crunches yesterday and will shoot for 35 today. :)
  • scpr542
    scpr542 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    56 crunches today 2 days down 61 Tom