How are we going to go about this motivation thing?

apanchy
apanchy Posts: 1 Member
Just curious what our vision might be for how this group is going to work. Thoughts?

Replies

• Danikiwi
    Danikiwi Posts: 2 Member
    I am open to any and all suggestions. One thing I was hoping to get is tips on how everyone manages to stick to a healthy eating plan.
  • lbvachon
    lbvachon Posts: 5 Member
    I like that idea of sharing tips on sticking to a healthy eating plan. Hope about if each week we give ourselves a little challenge that everyone can do. Like for me, reducing sugar and fat is one of my key to dos. So one week would be a sweet free week.
  • lisamartina1975
    lisamartina1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Would also love tips and ideas on what to eat that is low in calories!! Lol
    Is there a faster way to input calories etc on the food diary? I've been googling calories..
  • lbvachon
    Hi Lisa, if you select a food that is already in their library, then the calories should automatically pop up for you. It's only when you have a brand new food that you have to enter in the calories.
  • lisamartina1975
    Ok thanks Linda!
  • tdeluca0629
    tdeluca0629 Posts: 2 Member
    I love your idea Linda of creating a mini challenge each week. I'd love to share ideas of meal ideas/recipes or general motivating tips!
  • lbvachon
    So today I went for a "brisk" walk with Martin. I had to do a light jog just to keep up with him. He is a great "pace bunny" if anyone is interested :).
  • Danikiwi
    Danikiwi Posts: 2 Member
    I love the mini challenge idea too! Since they would be different for each of us, we can post them here and then report back on how we did. Should we start on Monday?
  • lisamartina1975
    Sounds good to start the mini challenges on Monday!
  • tdeluca0629
    tdeluca0629 Posts: 2 Member
    Linda, I am!
  • lbvachon
    My challenge for this week is to stay off sugar. Sugar in my coffee, chocolate etc. Today I was good. I will check in tomorrow.
  • lbvachon
    So far so good on the no sugar thing but it's only 8:30am.
  • jubinahdi
    jubinahdi Posts: 24 Member
    lbvachon wrote: »
    So far so good on the no sugar thing but it's only 8:30am.
    If your really wanna go for no sugar, try Keto diet. As soon as you enter into Ketosis and eliminate all the carbs, you won't crave for sugary things.
  • jubinahdi
    jubinahdi Posts: 24 Member
    I've avoided sugars and carbs for six months so far and I can't see why should I ever try those things. I went fully Keto and my life has become much easier.