YIKES! My macros are whacked!

Options
I got my Shine last Friday. I am following a LCHF plan and track my macros (fat, protein and carbs). Since Saturday, my first full day using and syncing the Shine with MFP, my macros are all HUGE. I'm assuming that it's because the exercise makes them change. Is there a way to continue to sync with MFP, but keep my macros at a set place?

Replies

• groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Activity trackers just monitor your activity level. If you sync them to MFP then they will grant you additional calories (you were more active, so you burnt more).

So if it only grants you more calories, how does it dictate how you "spend" those calories on what you eat? Surely that's up to you and your choice of foods?

Maybe I've misunderstood your question?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Typically, my intake is 5% carbs (<20g), 20% protein (80g) and 75% fat (130g). With the Misfit linked to MFP, as I get exercise calories added on, it throws the aforementioned macros way off because it's basing the percentages on the number of calories allowed. I don't want to eat back my exercise calories... but I want to see them. Lol, does that make sense? I'd like to be able to "freeze" the numbers in my diary so they don't change, yet still see how many calories I've burned. Now tonight out of the blue, my macros all went haywire, my cals were up like 350, my carbs were at 50%... just crazy.
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2/20/75 seems a little off regarding Macros.

As a comparison, mine are more like 50/30/20

If you want your number to be frozen, then dont add any exercise to MFP. :smiley: