6/5 Day106 Friday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
So today I want to discuss the health habits I have adapted since I finally decided to be healthy with my life. We all know that to become truly healthy it takes a total life change. So what have you done?

Today’s challenge: List what you have changed to become healthy

I want to celebrate everyone's accomplishments! It can be big or small. It may seems small but all those little things add up over time! For instance, I have almost completely given up soda(I can’t drink cola anymore but i do have a mountain dew once a week when I go grocery shopping), i stopped eating late night snacks, when I’m bored I get up and move, I have portion control now, I can eat more vegetables (Trust me this is a HUGE accomplishment for me!), and I exercise on a frequent basis (I don’t try to keep a strict schedule cuz I always wanna keep my body guessing). So how about you all?

Replies

• dezawada
    dezawada Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I gave up gummy bears. I was really addicted to them. I also have backed off of all candy in general. That is so huge, I have a mega sweet tooth. B)
  • firewalkerbarb
    firewalkerbarb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do some type of exercise first thing in the morning 5 days a week instead of procrastinating. There will be no better time later.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,975 Member
    Options
    I changed out to black coffee - I used to drink it with LOTS of cream. I always have washed veggies on hand so that I can easily snack on them. I changed my mindset about activity so that now I look for active things to do rather than sedentary. My sister and I used to go out to lunch when we would get together; now we meet at the gym or go dancing.
  • Mare7272
    Mare7272 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have stopped snacking late in the evening. Nothing after dinner. I also walk every day now.
  • fadraface01
    fadraface01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have stopped drinking coffee all together! I was a definate 2-4 cup a day drinker but besides the caffeine intake I HAVE TO HAVE CREAMER and LOTS OF CREAMER in my coffee or else I just can't drink it....so I have not had one cup of coffee since March 12th....huge deal for me!
  • ashleyj285
    ashleyj285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been making sure I weigh all m.y meals to make sure I'm getting the proper portion size and making sure that I hit my goal on my fitbit every day
  • Beckygetsherlifeback
    Options
    I rejoined MFP today for motivation and accountability.
  • vcabot2010
    vcabot2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cook most of our family meals with real foods...almost nothing processed.
  • cma51709
    cma51709 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have made sure I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, make sure I log everything I put in my mouth, have made better meal choices
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot less junk food than when I started with MFP in 2011. And I've made portions smaller and hardly ever have second helpings.

Congrats to everyone for all these healthy habits!