What's Your Fran Time Bruh?

Options
paultassy
paultassy Posts: 281 Member
I did it in 6:44 today. ALMOST Rx. I Rx the thrusters and about 1/2 of the pull-ups. The other half I did banded.

Replies

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! That's so great. :-)

Last time we did Fran it was in intervals (frantervals) of 1 min on 30 seconds off for 15 minutes and I finished in 10:38 rx (had 3 pull-ups left before the 10 minute mark and had to stop and rest for 30sec). Then did another 21 thrusters and some amount of pull-ups before they called time. That was a year ago--I haven't done anything "Fran-like" since.

So you beat me. ☺️
  • paultassy
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! That's so great. :-)

Last time we did Fran it was in intervals (frantervals) of 1 min on 30 seconds off for 15 minutes and I finished in 10:38 rx (had 3 pull-ups left before the 10 minute mark and had to stop and rest for 30sec). Then did another 21 thrusters and some amount of pull-ups before they called time. That was a year ago--I haven't done anything "Fran-like" since.

So you beat me. ☺️

Sounds like you did better than me regardless of time. I couldn't Rx all the pull-ups. We woulda been there all night.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    The first time I did Fran, I had just gotten my kipping pullups...and it took me 20 minutes. Which is completely contrary to the point of Fran, which is to sprint. Although it's fun for us to see where we stand on the benchmarks as Rx, I tend to think your approach is best--it's a time much closer to what Fran is intended to test, so looks like you scaled correctly. I definitely should have scaled the first time, and an argument could be made that I should have scaled the second time.

But, egos. Amirite? :)
  • paultassy
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    The first time I did Fran, I had just gotten my kipping pullups...and it took me 20 minutes. Which is completely contrary to the point of Fran, which is to sprint. Although it's fun for us to see where we stand on the benchmarks as Rx, I tend to think your approach is best--it's a time much closer to what Fran is intended to test, so looks like you scaled correctly. I definitely should have scaled the first time, and an argument could be made that I should have scaled the second time.

But, egos. Amirite? :)

Yessss sister. Lol
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    7 min flat RX.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    6:10 RX on 5/11/15
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    awesome job! a year ago it was 5:52 rx but I've been scared to retest it, i hate HATE thrusters
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    4:26rx, I need to figure out how to do the pull ups unbroken to break 4 min!

Mualaurenclark- I will do your thrusters, if you do the pullups haha! I always do the thrusters unbroken, and fall apart on the set of 15 pullups!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've only done Fran once. 45# thrusters and banded pullups. 8:50. I absolutely suck at thrusters.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’ve only done Fran twice. The first time, I couldn’t finish. The second, was 16 minutes. My lack of shoulder, hip and ankle mobility means I am usually holding the full weight of the bar the entire time (I can’t get it to rest on my shoulders/clavical area). That slows me a good bit. Now that I can kip pull ups, I could probably beat that 16 minute time, but not by much.
  • TimothyHolmgren
    TimothyHolmgren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    6:02 unbroken pull-ups but suck at thrusters lol that was 4 months ago should easily be sub 6 now
  • leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Forever! I've only done it once, about two months ago; Rx'd 11:02. Definitely slower than I'm actually capable of
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Did Fran today for the third time ever. Completed in 8:45 (yay!) after we did heavy front squat sets...and I'm coming off a cold (before the set of 9 I thought I might have strip my shirt off and blow my nose in my shirt lol). I'll take it. :)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    6:36rx on 05/05 here, I blow at pull-ups and can only kip a few together at a time so thank God i'm good at thrusters.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Can't do pullups (yet) and I suck at thrusters. Once I get pull ups I'll have to give this a go.
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You know how I told you guys that I like the fact that my Box does not post WODs, well on FB today they notified us we are doing FRAN today, which is this evening for me! If I do this RX I could be last today... thrusters... thrusters... thrusters...
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Could not care less what my Fran time is.

Box I'm currently at doesn't program it. Reason being that some people can finish Fran in under 5 minutes, some can take as long as 20 min. Works fine as a benchmark. Doesn't really work as a training programme.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^yes, but sometimes you just need to test yourself. The girls give you a good way to creates bases for comparison going forward.
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My time was 8:22, plenty of room for improvement.
  • TimothyHolmgren
    TimothyHolmgren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Did Fran again today shaved a minute off 5:02