Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie (NS frozen)

Options
Nightingale2200
Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
This was just o.k. The texture was "off" to me. Cream cheese tasted good, but the "pie" (cake?) part, not so much. I had only ordered one and will not order again. Had it been awesome good, the size was really small in comparison to other desserts.

96kelpyysm79.gif

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Nightingale
    I like it, I think I like the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie somewhat better. I do Let them both defrost and eat while they are still somewhat chilled. I like to twist the top off of the bottom and eat the pieces separately. Same thing I did with Oreo cookies in the past. Not the most filling due to size but takes care of the craving for a sweet.

Cheers
    Roger
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The texture is a little odd, but I do like this one because it does curb my carrot cake cravings. Like Roger mentioned, I let mine thaw a bit but eat them so still slightly chilled. But then I make mine into a "bigger" dessert. I save half a SC and slice half a banana on it or throw some berries on and then I use 1 limited extra to put a little ff whipped topping on top. (I do that with a lot of the little cakes and ice cream desserts.)

Amanda
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I actually like the SS carrot cake better and think it's because I like it warm.

This one I did allow to thaw, but took apart and warmed the cake part because I don't like the chill. I suppose that defeats the purpose since it started out frozen. Maybe I should have tried it with a chill on it ... or, I just had an off night. :)
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I actually like the SS carrot cake better and think it's because I like it warm.

This one I did allow to thaw, but took apart and warmed the cake part because I don't like the chill. I suppose that defeats the purpose since it started out frozen. Maybe I should have tried it with a chill on it ... or, I just had an off night. :)

That chill could be the difference. I just tried the SS carrot cake for the first tine in my latest AD and I really liked that one too! Then again I don't remember meeting a carrot cake I didn't like. ;)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Yeah, me, too, mrs. :) Part of my major problem.