Please Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Maria I am from Burlington Colorado. I just join Nutrisystem last week I am on the Fast Five I'm on day 2 and I'm tired today so I don't know if that's normal or not. I plan on losing a hundred and twenty-five pounds. I have 4 kids a husband of one year and a father with terminal cancer so I wanted something that was easy to do. the food tastes great that I have eaten so far. I just wanted some support and I saw that they didn't have their message boards anymore so I came here

Hi Marie -- Patty here. I'm only a few weeks ahead of you and I did the fast five. It started a little rough for me (not from a fatigue perspective though), and I really had to drink my water and eat my 4 servings minimum of veggies to keep from feeling like I was starving (I never ate so many carrots in my life!!). Now, my workday doesn't seem complete without a couple of cups of carrots to gnaw my way through!. Just make sure you do those 2 things in addition to eating the food every 3 hours like you are supposed to and you'll be surprised. I think about 1/2 way through I could actually tell a difference in the way I felt. And once you get over these first 7 days, you'll get to eat quite a bit more food and variety! Hang in there!!!

I hope you weighed and took your measurements before you started -- if not, take them now. You are going to want that comparitor :)
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Maria I am from Burlington Colorado. I just join Nutrisystem last week I am on the Fast Five I'm on day 2 and I'm tired today so I don't know if that's normal or not. I plan on losing a hundred and twenty-five pounds. I have 4 kids a husband of one year and a father with terminal cancer so I wanted something that was easy to do. the food tastes great that I have eaten so far. I just wanted some support and I saw that they didn't have their message boards anymore so I came here
    You may want to check with a counselor. I heard that the Fast Five is not recommended for people with 100 pounds to lose. I joined before the Fast Five and even then they had me eating an extra SC and PF until I had lost my first 25 pounds.
  • mariawhipple64
    mariawhipple64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK I will definitely call tomorrow then
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gina & Maria! Wishing you both great success!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maria welcome! You will love the support and caring group here! Nobody is judging you here just helpful and encouraging!
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh Yay, I found you guys! :D Week 11 for me and down 13 pounds. The weight loss is slow but I'm content with it, I'm never hungry. I live alone and work in social services for those with developmental disabilities. I'm a case manager and I love the the people I work with. I moved to California from Michigan less than a year ago. It's been a big change, but a good one. I have no doubt my weight loss will be successful. Might take a while, I have about 30 more pounds to go, but I'll get there.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi, surrealchereal. Congratulations on the 13 pounds. Great job!
  • surrealchereal
    Options
    Hi Nightingale2, I hope you don't mind I sent you a friend request. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thank you, surreal, not at all. I accepted, too. :)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Oh Yay, I found you guys! :D Week 11 for me and down 13 pounds. The weight loss is slow but I'm content with it, I'm never hungry. I live alone and work in social services for those with developmental disabilities. I'm a case manager and I love the the people I work with. I moved to California from Michigan less than a year ago. It's been a big change, but a good one. I have no doubt my weight loss will be successful. Might take a while, I have about 30 more pounds to go, but I'll get there.

Hi Surrealcheral -- I heard you about the slow weight loss. I'm on about week 6 now I think and I'm still only down about 7-8 pounds, but I have lost about 7 inches so far, so I'm happy with that!! Plus, I had a week of vacation in there that I was rather misbehaved during, so I'm just getting back on track this week. Nice to have you with us :)
  • surrealchereal
    Options
    Hi Patty! thank you!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome Gina and Maria!! Glad you are here.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you as well Surreal! Lots of support here. I'm glad you found us.
  • pldsparks
    pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Pam and I joined NS on 5/15/15. I have lost 12.4 pounds so far and am very encouraged. I would like to lose 34 more pounds. I am the queen of weight loss and I have been on almost every diet imaginable. My biggest problem is maintenance (and the fact that I love to eat and my new husband is an awesome cook), and I would really like this to be the last time I have a major amount of weight to lose. 1200 calorie programs work the best for me. I like the convenience of NS, the fact that they taste good, and I am NOT hungry. My Dad is also doing NS so we have been encouraging each other. I would like to meet some new NS friends. :smile:
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hello Pam, I am Flo. Nice to meet you. Congratulations on the 12.4 pounds. EXCELLENT!!

You'll love it here. Lots and lots of support. :)
  • pldsparks
    Options
    Hi Flo, Nice to meet you. I live in Kentucky..are there any members in KY?
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I don't know, Pam. Could be. If so, and they are following this thread, they'll holler. :)

So, what do you think about American Pharoah??? LOVED watching him win the Triple Crown!!
  • pldsparks
    Options
    Pretty awesome...quite admirable that the jockey donated all his winnings to charity.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Oh, I had not heard that. WOW!!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Welcome Pam! Nice to have you join us :)