June Mini Challenges

Options

Replies

• adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves oatmeal!! I started with 70 crunches...85 tonight :smiley:
  • getinfitin40
    getinfitin40 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i did crunches yesterday, I will do them again today, and count how much I can do
  • rbendixen
    rbendixen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    35 done today! Yay, keeping up.
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Up to 40 crunches today!!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Day 5 and completed 45 crunches.
  • teresa_garcia29
    Options
    Will do 45 crunches today!! Starting to feel sore. But that's a good thing. No complaining here.
  • jenniferbertram7165
    jenniferbertram7165 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I somehow managed to forget to do my crunches last night. So after I did T25 this morning, I did 90 crunches.
  • epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will start off with 25 crunches after work!
  • teresa_garcia29
    Options
    This is my 5th day and today I did 45 crunches before my bike ride.
  • choyison
    choyison Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but I did 24 crunches before I joined. I will add 6 more to even it out tomorrow. My ab muscles hurt just thinking about it. I am in awe at how many you all are doing. That will be the push I need when I'm hurting and want to stop. Good job!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Monday June 8
    Ahanksa Wrote:
    FOOD: I have not been feeling well today because somewhere over the weekend I picked up a stomach parasite. This is not uncommon in the part of the world where I live so I was not surprised. So, I decided to look up what foods to eat to help bolster my intestinal tract immunity and help me recover (I am taking antibiotics too). That is when i discovered the healing power of food. If you have problems with your GI tract, try some ginger because many Asian cultures have used ginger to relieve nausea and aid digestion because it may speed food through your intestines, reducing stomachaches. Or Kefir which packs 2 to 10 times more healthy probiotic bacteria than yogurt depending on the manufacturer. So, food is not only good for you from the nutritional standpoint but many may have healing powers. I will go into some others this week. EXERCISE: Ok, so I finished with 56 non-stop crunches by Sunday...how did you all do!! So, not that you needed another reason to get out there and exercise today, but here it is anyway....the more you do exercise to improve your cardiopulmonary function (cardio) the more you will delay the natural increase in your cholesterol with age. So, the more you power walk, run, bike, swim, jump rope, etc...the better your cholesterol will be compared to those who did not work out. The challenge for this week is Burpees...yes you heard it right. Add a challenging number of burpees to the end of your workout every weekday this week. How many can you do when you are all spent from your workout??? INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. - Mary Anne Radmacher **Hope all have a wonderful Monday and start to a great week!!**
  • Carmarie21
    Carmarie21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    going for a 3 mile run after work & see how many burpees I can do after... :neutral:
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Tuesday June 9
    Ahanksa Wrote:
    FOOD: Fruits that are great healers include the Kiwi. It is a nutrient-dense fruit that packs an amazing amount of vitamin C (double the amount found in oranges), has more fiber than apples, and beats bananas as a high-potassium food. The unique blend of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals found in kiwifruit helps protect you too. Also there is the cherry where in Chinese medicine they are routinely used as a remedy for gout, arthritis, and rheumatism. These two are just examples...so, look for ways to increase your fruit intake today while staying within your calorie limits. Remember to get enough water too! EXERCISE: Ok, so only got a few burpees in after a workout yesterday...see if you can do better today!! I know I have mentioned functional fitness before, so, I want to go back to it again today. In summary, functional fitness exercises train your muscles to work together and prepare them for daily tasks by simulating common movements you might do at home, at work or in sports so the exercises tend to involve multijoint, multimuscle. Burpees and squats are a good example of functional exercises. Incorporating them into your workout will help you not only burn calories but also improve your movement in your daily lives. INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest! --Henry Miller **Not sure if I used this quote before, but I was reminded of it today!! Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!!**
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Wednesday June 10
    Ahanksa Wrote:
    FOOD: Emotional eating is a tricky subject. Many of us suffer from this peculiar issue. What is it? How can you tell if your emotionally eating? Well, if you find yourself eating when you are not physically hungry or it is hard to find food that satisfies you or your cravings are triggered by an emotion such as anger, anxiety, or boredom etc then you are likely emotionally eating. This type of comfort eating has a mindless component to it. So, if you are prone to emotionally eating, here are a couple of strategies to try...First tame your stress or check in to your emotional state that is driving this behavior. Then try a hunger reality check and see if you could be thirsty or really hungry. Also, use your food diary to see what and when you are eating and whether this corresponds to an emotional or bored episode. People who have a support network tend to emotionally eat less...call or lean on a friend or family member when you are feeling this way. Distract yourself and fight boredom. Try not to deprive yourself. When you're trying to achieve a weight-loss goal, you may limit your calories too much, eat the same foods frequently and banish the treats you enjoy. This may just serve to increase your food cravings, especially in response to emotions. Let yourself enjoy an occasional treat and get plenty of variety to help curb cravings. And finally snack healthy by keeping healthy food around and learn from your setbacks. EXERCISE: More and more evidence everyday shows sitting is not good for you. If you find yourself sitting for prolonged periods generally you should aim to move for 2 minutes every hour...not much..but every second helps. Try tapping your toes on the wastepaper basket (like soccer/football players tapping the ball). Jog in place or run up/down a few stairs...any movement helps! Look at your day and see where you can add a few more minutes of exercise....perhaps even a couple of burpees?!? INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude. – Denis Waitley **Have a fantastic Wednesday!!**
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, Ahanksa. My biggie in the hot season is icecream. I have a lot of sources of frustration in my life right now - hampered exercising/weight loss due to arthritis in hip and also hurts my knee (orthopedist apt way out end July, I'll ask for shots and/or discuss surgery); social isolation (I move back to a place that I lived in half a lifetime ago - helas I had to discover that my wants/needs have changed; moved here for school but had to drop out last December; my job is full weekends only, a physical and emotional marathon which gives me calorie burn but leaves me so exhausted that I take it easy the rest of the week and also resentful because most social activities are on weekends). After six months of searching, I will finally start summer classes in a new program next week, online only because I can't afford to move for another year. Yesterday's orientation was overwhelming (50 hrs/wk expected) and I dug into the icecream. Not as bad as 1x the week before because I got lower-cal icecream but still. I need to find something else cold and crunchy... I am doing physical therapy for the hip every day and I upped the crunches from 20 to 30, that is getting me out of breath but will continue. Also work my under-desk stationery bike when I can. Have a good day!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I hit 65 on crunches yesterday. Whew! :o Hope everyone is having a beautiful day! :)
  • kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    70 crunches, whew, thank you JM Shred, without you I would have not gotten that many ;)
  • teresa_garcia29
    Options
    60 crunches today after a 30 minute bike ride. woo hoo !!!!!!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Thursday June 11
    Ahanksa Wrote:
    FOOD: Did you know that not getting your minimum of 6 hours of sleep can increase your risk of obesity by 30%? And that lack of sleep reduces your bodies sensitivity to insulin which can lead to diabetes? Getting enough sleep is an important part of maintaining a healthy life style. Put those electronic gadgets away at least a few hours before bedtime...kick that TV out of your bedroom...have a warm cup of milk or herbal tea and make sure you get enough sleep every night. EXERCISE: If you use a step counter to estimate your calories spent then beware that they can be very inaccurate...up to 60% overestimating your calories burned. However they are pretty good at counting your steps (only off by 10%). So, if you want to know how many calories you burned then invest in a chest strap heart rate monitor or a high end calorie monitor. After today, only one more day of burpees!! Keep pushing through. INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE: It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. - Epicurus **Have a great Thursday!!**
  • kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    75 today....anyone else aiming for 100+