NS Food Tweaks

Options
1235»

Replies

• SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    jrn8ion wrote: »
    Doctored up some Black Beans and Rice yesterday with some mushrooms and 2 oz of turkey sausage, along with a little Ms. Dash Garlic & Herb --- it was really good :) I didn't have it with me, but next time I think I use some southwestern spices instead.

I put less water in it to get it thicker. Shred lettuce, dice onion, tomatoes and jalapenos. Put lettuce in a bowl, Add black beans & rice, top with onions, tomatoes and peppers. Add salsa, then I crunch the NS cheddar tortilla chips over the top, sometimes a slice of avocado (count as extra). Its my Mexi-Flare lol. The chips count as your dessert fyi.

I use low sodium V8 (spicy) for my black beans.. yum (also for the chickent parm pasta!!)
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I put PB2 on my french toast this morning! It was so good.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In place of sour cream, I use Fage plain, fat-free yogurt. I add it to baked or mashed potatoes, spaghetti, omlettes, tacos, enchiladas.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bafdyp53nwyr.jpg
    NS Mac n Cheese w/ 1/2 cup RoTel (low sodium), topped with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and wheat bread crumbs, placed under the broiler for about 5 min.
  • GoForthandBeAwesome
    GoForthandBeAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you love croutons you could try making them from the frozen chicken sandwich bun (NS lunch). That way you can have a salad with chicken and yummy croutons...
    http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/232998/old-hamburger-bun-croutons/

And...
    I know I posted this before but I don't think it was in this thread. NS Smooth Vanilla Shake Mix + Powerade Zero Orange = Delicious Orange Creamsicle Recovery Drink

Brilliant! I will try both of these!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I've had the PB2 for a couple weeks now and today finally decided to try it. I couldn't believe how good it was. To me, it tasted just like peanut butter. I've never really eaten much peanut butter, but like it. So glad I got this. Now, will have to figure out how I can use it in some recipes.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?
  • Punk42AE
    Punk42AE Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter that is powdered, about 1/3 the calories and 1/9 the fat.
  • Nightingale2200
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello AdNil

It's powdered peanut butter. 2 TB of the powder mixed with 1 TB of water and stir. Makes a creamy mixture and tastes just like the real thing.

I ordered mine from amazon.

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Now many Walmarts and Targets carry PB2...in the peanut butter aisle. 45 calories for two TBSP (compared to regular peanut butter ~190 cal for the same). Plus...PB2 Chocolate has the same 45 calories. Love it on toast, in the Kung Pao Noodles, or on a SPOON! :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    I am going to try with the Kung Pao, hope4change.
  • Punk42AE
    Punk42AE Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jif has out a new PB Powder that is the same thing (you know they had to join the party), we just started carrying it at my store.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Really? I wonder if it's as good as the PB2 I have. I'll have to check it out 'cause I will need to buy more fairly soon. Thanks, Punk. I'll be on the look out for it.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas on how to make the lasagna edible. I had been on the Walmart box till my first shipment came in. I always saved that till last, then it came with the Fast5. So I have 2 to eat...ugh. I love the tomato based everything else. The lunch cheese tortellini is a favorite. The dinner cheese ravioli is another...but the lasagna...anyone have any suggestions.
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the PB2 info! I'll definitely look for it!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome dinner tonight. NS Tuna (the pouch), chopped red peppers, green onion, cucumber, chopped water chestnut, celery, black pepper, and a twist of sea salt/garlic grinder. Mix and chill for a few hours. I even ate it on 1 slice of wheat bread and my entire HUGE meal was 257 calories. Wish I'd ordered more tuna!! YUM
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you can't wait until your next order, see if you can find the Starkist ready-to-eat original Tuna Salad in the 3 oz pouch. I got some today, and it's pretty tasty AND the specs seem to pretty much add up to the NS version (which I'll admit I've never had yet).
  • AdNil54f
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Awesome dinner tonight. NS Tuna (the pouch), chopped red peppers, green onion, cucumber, chopped water chestnut, celery, black pepper, and a twist of sea salt/garlic grinder. Mix and chill for a few hours. I even ate it on 1 slice of wheat bread and my entire HUGE meal was 257 calories. Wish I'd ordered more tuna!! YUM

Sounds yummy, Peggy! I'll have to try that!