Bathing suit season-Ladies??

Options
shortypage1123
shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
Ladies its that time of year for bathing suits. Although I am happy with my weight loss. I am not so happy about some of the downsides like sagging skin. My arms and the inside of my thighs are an issue for me. With that being said do you have bathing suit recommendations to help with this trouble areas? I have 9 year old son and we joined the pool this year so I will be spending a lot of time at the pool and all the suits I have now are to big:)

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have some miracle suits, but they don't help with flabby thighs, so I just wear a sarong wrap and take it off as I get into pool. No one has a perfect body at my age so I guess I just don't care what I have going on as long as I know I am healthy now!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Even a miracle suit isn't enough miracle for my excess skin issues. The best I have been able to do is get a good fitting one piece that holds everything in, and I found a cute one with the skirt type bottom. It has some ruching which hides a few flaws too. They have a lot of cute two piece suits out now that are a tank top style top and you can get bottoms that are like shorts or a skirt if you wanted a little extra coverage.
  • heathergshea
    heathergshea Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out lands end. You can mix and match suits to get the perfect one for you. They even have swim shirts if your arms are the area you want to cover
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I found a Dresskini from Land's End that I have ordered. We shall see how that works:)
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just got a womens long sleeve rash guard on sale at old navy and it fits great. I've always just bought men's board shorts and worn them with a sports bra shirt for swimming. Rash guards are even better because they keep the evil sun off. But now that I am losing I bought a speedo sport suit at Academy for doing laps and it has really good outer thigh coverage (though insufficient boob support). Now they sell board shorts for women a lot of places too, so I'd just find a pair you like and throw them on over whatever suit/suit top.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm contenplating a wet suit, like you would use for diving, that's to the elbows and knees. And that is as close as I will get to a bathing suit.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't worry about my batwings. lol I have learned to live with them. I bought a tankini with a good built in bra (kinda gotta have one when you are a DDD anyway) and my bottom is a skirt. It's pretty short but covers my biggest issues which are the upper thigh and hip region. I have also bought a one piece that looks like a tank top and shorts and has a good built in bra and some major spandex around the middle to hold my tummy in very nicely. Both are great and I feel like I look pretty good in them. :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I got one from lands end as well The bottom is board shorts and the top is a tankini. Not much we can do about the arm hang in a bathing suit :(
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    I'm contenplating a wet suit, like you would use for diving, that's to the elbows and knees. And that is as close as I will get to a bathing suit.

Pat I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I had to laugh when I read this because I told someone I was going to get a wetsuit that will cover it all up and hold it all in! Seriously though, I think it's unfair that Spanx won't work with a swimsuit :-)

• BEENVSGD
    BEENVSGD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just wear some tight capris and t shirt, its sad :neutral:
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just rock whatever I want at this point. I am not skinny. Do I have flab? Yup! Bat wings? Sure do! But you know what? Life is short, and if others don't love my body they can promptly go eff off.

In my humble opinion there is only one requirement to having a beautiful body- having a body! Every body is beautiful, including those with the wear and tear of the hard work invested in losing weight. I too am working on this by wearing shorts every damn day possible this summer.

Have fun with your kiddo... I betcha the memories you make will be what you and he remember- not your anxiety over wobbly bits.

Also- I like lands end bathing suits too so I can have bottoms to accommodate my bubble butt and tops to support the girls
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ordered on Land's End too.

Rash guard swim tops for arms. I also wear those with yoga pants to work out. A lot to choose from.

Long swim shorts (that are really cute) for thighs. They're called board shorts because of surf boards. Very California-ish... :laugh: Women's AquaSport 9" Board Shorts Item #449668A64
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions and support:)
  • pawoodhull
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »

Pat I don't know if you were kidding or not, but I had to laugh when I read this because I told someone I was going to get a wetsuit that will cover it all up and hold it all in! Seriously though, I think it's unfair that Spanx won't work with a swimsuit :-)

Dale, I am half serious. My thighs are pooling around my knees and my upper arms around my elbows, so it's more than "batwings" or a little saggy skin for me. Maybe it's vain, but I will not go sleeveless nor wear anything shorter than capri's and nothing can be tight, especially on the legs, or the stuff pooling around the knees is very obvious. I am happy that there are so many clothing options right now that hide all this, well except for bathing suits.

• pawoodhull
    Options
    And, I have never heard of "Rash Guard" swim tops? What are they and where would I find them?
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is the one I just bought:
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1007507&vid=1&pid=369807012
    It's basically a shirt made out of swimsuit stuff. You'd still ear a swimsuit top or sportsbra under it (or I would anyway)
  • pawoodhull
    Options
    blairmundy wrote: »
    It's basically a shirt made out of swimsuit stuff. You'd still ear a swimsuit top or sportsbra under it (or I would anyway)

Thanks Blair!
  • BEENVSGD
    BEENVSGD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    blairmundy wrote: »

Thanks Blair!

Thank you for the tip @pawoodhull. I didn't know Old Navy carried plus size. I just purchased the rash guard and a few extra pieces.
  • shortypage1123
    Options
    Finally got my new bathing suit in and I love it! I would highly recommend it. I purchased the High waisted briefs to go under it to help hold in my tummy.
    77xv2zdzhrci.jpg
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You rock that suit!!!