100% Challenge - Spring Means 100% Green - Mon 5/11 to Sun 6/21 - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    6/9 100%
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry y'all I'm dropping out of this challenge, too much stuff happening right now.
  • milliehubbardyahoo
    milliehubbardyahoo Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    100% 06/07 and 6/08/2015
    W/I 174.6
    total loss 32 pounds!

All the great losses are so inspiring to me. I have been in a funk, but determined to charge on. My big nemesis for weight loss was bread. I always ate whole grain wheat bread, but that might be all I ate for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Give me some toast with a big slice of cheese and I was a happy camper. Never added butter and jam, which actually may have been better for me than the cheese. We decided to save the planet, so I joined Nutrisystem. Sounds weird, I know, but just read on.

My absolute favorite part of the loaf is the heel. I always ate them first just toasted with melted cheese. We moved to the river and Chuck (DH) started feeding MY heels to the stupid birds. I got to where I hated those birds. Then I got to know Ben the Wren and I started feeding him my heels. Ben acquired a wife (Ben’s Babe) and I started feeding her too. I actually started to feel bad if I ate a piece of bread because I was taking the food from the mouth of babies. Bird babies that is. That’s when I realized I was beginning to conquer my bread addiction and saving the planet one baby bird at a time. The big light came on and I realized I couldn’t save much planet using bird scratch. I decided to joined Nutrisystem to conquer my over consumption of food products and in doing so, I could save the planet. Hey, any excuse will do no matter how twisted my reasoning may be. LOL

Speaking of the planet, it was 101 degrees here Sunday and 102 degrees Monday. Today is looking like it might be hotter. Last year we had 14 days in a row in triple digit. Hope that won’t be the case this year.

Have a great day!
    Linda Kay
    1UxCT3Pound_10_lbs.gifmOjHwDCommitment_20lbs.gif2.5%20Siggy%20WTP_zps96lnmweg.jpguAVQiU

Oh Linda Kay...I am so with you on the bread...my one true addiction. I posted on another thread that 12 grain bread and I are in the midst of a "fling" and we have to break up. Starting right here, right now. It is amazing to me how little small changes can really throw off my program...or conversely put me back on the straight and narrow. So today's small change is no more 12 grain bread!! One achievement at a time to get back on the path!

88353102.png

weight.png

109ffc0773de9603edcc2aab0cc3bf3f.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

06/09/2015 Not 100%
    I went to get my Frozen veges out of the Freezer and oops, all out so All I had was 1 1/4 small head of lettuce yesterday.

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Hi All
    I walked the 1.3 miles to the bank this morning and then came home and had my NS Frozen Pancakes and NS Chocolate Protein shake for breakfast, I had my Banana before the walk. Then at 9:45 I left the house for Costco and picked up Two 5 pound bags of Frozen veges, two L&F Greek Yogurt, Gala Apples, Clementines and a 32 pack of Duracell AAA batteries @ $14.99. Total for the order was $65+, Now Including the NS food on hand I am good for the next three weeks for Grocery store items, excluding a trip to the produce store for Bananas in two days. Then I stopped at McDs for two large Black Coffees for my Brother & I. I am just waiting for him to come back from the ShopRite so I can help carry in the Groceries, Notably the SR water on sale @ $2.88 per case of 24 in the plastic wrap pack, No cardboard box in it. Bottom line 1.3 miles plus the Costco walking. It was getting hot out this morning already too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    100% 06/07 and 6/08/2015
    W/I 174.6
    total loss 32 pounds!

All the great losses are so inspiring to me. I have been in a funk, but determined to charge on. My big nemesis for weight loss was bread. I always ate whole grain wheat bread, but that might be all I ate for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Give me some toast with a big slice of cheese and I was a happy camper. Never added butter and jam, which actually may have been better for me than the cheese. We decided to save the planet, so I joined Nutrisystem. Sounds weird, I know, but just read on.

My absolute favorite part of the loaf is the heel. I always ate them first just toasted with melted cheese. We moved to the river and Chuck (DH) started feeding MY heels to the stupid birds. I got to where I hated those birds. Then I got to know Ben the Wren and I started feeding him my heels. Ben acquired a wife (Ben’s Babe) and I started feeding her too. I actually started to feel bad if I ate a piece of bread because I was taking the food from the mouth of babies. Bird babies that is. That’s when I realized I was beginning to conquer my bread addiction and saving the planet one baby bird at a time. The big light came on and I realized I couldn’t save much planet using bird scratch. I decided to joined Nutrisystem to conquer my over consumption of food products and in doing so, I could save the planet. Hey, any excuse will do no matter how twisted my reasoning may be. LOL

Speaking of the planet, it was 101 degrees here Sunday and 102 degrees Monday. Today is looking like it might be hotter. Last year we had 14 days in a row in triple digit. Hope that won’t be the case this year.

Have a great day!
    Linda Kay
    1UxCT3Pound_10_lbs.gifmOjHwDCommitment_20lbs.gif2.5%20Siggy%20WTP_zps96lnmweg.jpguAVQiU

Hi Linda Kay
    I'm unhappy that it will hit around 90 today, Triple digits? Yuck
    Darn breads are a diet killer. Some are so good, for example the fresh breads from the Italian Deli.

Cheers
    Roger
    100% 06/07 and 6/08/2015
    W/I 174.6
    total loss 32 pounds!

That was too funny. I was right with you up 'til the birdies part. :) I just LOVE bread. Certainly my downfall. I thought I had to have bread with every single meal. And, fresh bread? Garlic? Yeast? Oh, my goodness. Make a meal off bread alone.

That was sweet about the birds.

Hot here, too, but not triple digits ... yet. I so hate the heat. But, since losing a little weight, I can tolerate being outside a lot better ... so far.

Hi Flo
    I find that I tolerate the heat much better too.

Cheers
    Roger
    mslesam wrote: »
    Sorry y'all I'm dropping out of this challenge, too much stuff happening right now.

Hi Lesa
    I Hope Things get better for You soon.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • milliehubbardyahoo
    Options
    Hi All,

I just posted on the Early Risers Thread that I would drop in and immediately join this Challenge. I've been struggling a bit lately. I'm maintaining my loss...but that is NOT losing and I need to get focused again. So today is THE day! I am 100% so far today, through breakfast and lunch and have my dinner planned out so there is no need to worry. I've done this plan for many months now and there is NO reason why I can't continue. So here and now I am committing to myself and you all that I WILL get this done! Whew...that is bold and brave...but basically that is what it takes, believe in yourself and you CAN accomplish what you set out to do. Man, does that feel good!

Thank you Roger :-)

88353102.png

weight.png

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Trixie258 wrote: »
    5/9 NOT 100%
    OK this has GOT to stop!
    I've been convincing myself that a PF and/or a SC can be anything within the calorie range. WRONG!! Yea..yesterday I decided to have 2 mini Caramel Milkyway as my afternoon PF/SC. I have got to stop this behavior NOW!!!

Oh, I sincerely LOVE MilkyWay. I absolutely cannot have any candy or bread for that matter, in my house. I'm thankful that my hubby isn't in love with candy/bread so it's a non-issue all the way around.

I hope all is o.k. with you, mslesam. Come back and let us know, o.k.??

RogerToo wrote: »

06/09/2015 Not 100%
    I went to get my Frozen veges out of the Freezer and oops, all out so All I had was 1 1/4 small head of lettuce yesterday.

Hi All
    I walked the 1.3 miles to the bank this morning and then came home and had my NS Frozen Pancakes and NS Chocolate Protein shake for breakfast, I had my Banana before the walk. Then at 9:45 I left the house for Costco and picked up Two 5 pound bags of Frozen veges, two L&F Greek Yogurt, Gala Apples, Clementines and a 32 pack of Duracell AAA batteries @ $14.99. Total for the order was $65+, Now Including the NS food on hand I am good for the next three weeks for Grocery store items, excluding a trip to the produce store for Bananas in two days. Then I stopped at McDs for two large Black Coffees for my Brother & I. I am just waiting for him to come back from the ShopRite so I can help carry in the Groceries, Notably the SR water on sale @ $2.88 per case of 24 in the plastic wrap pack, No cardboard box in it. Bottom line 1.3 miles plus the Costco walking. It was getting hot out this morning already too.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Nice walk, Roger. You do such a good job doing that ... walking almost everywhere.

You really use good sense shopping, don't you? I'm impressed.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi All,

I just posted on the Early Risers Thread that I would drop in and immediately join this Challenge. I've been struggling a bit lately. I'm maintaining my loss...but that is NOT losing and I need to get focused again. So today is THE day! I am 100% so far today, through breakfast and lunch and have my dinner planned out so there is no need to worry. I've done this plan for many months now and there is NO reason why I can't continue. So here and now I am committing to myself and you all that I WILL get this done! Whew...that is bold and brave...but basically that is what it takes, believe in yourself and you CAN accomplish what you set out to do. Man, does that feel good!

88353102.png

weight.png

Hi millie. I'm Flo.

You sound very motivated. KUDOS to you!!

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    6/10 100%

h3s9bbryc25j.gif

88492762.png yvpo8w8c7k41.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    = 6/9 and 6/10 100 %

I hope everybody is doing well.

Hope you are ok Lesa. let us know how you are doing :)
    Hi All,

88353102.png

weight.png

Welcome to the group Millie :). You are so right if you believe in yourself you can accomplish anything. Good for you!!

h3s9bbryc25j.gif

s.gifu.gife.gif
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    100% 06/09/2015

Linda Kay
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    6/10 NOT 100%

Had a fun night out with some Lady friends. It was a place called Hamburger Mary's. It is drag queens, and they offer charity bingo nights, it was a hoot. And we help a couple of children's charity groups here in Tampa. I ate a naked Mary, which was a hamburger with mushrooms and onions, and cheese with lettuce as the bun, a couple of bites of cole slaw, and a couple of bites of fruit cups. Calorie wise I was good, where I went wrong was with the fireball and diet coke. We just have to let loose some time.
  • Trixie258
    Trixie258 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you've decided to drop out..I hope all is ok!
    7B387A67D656337A9EF2B211B28106B7.png
  • Trixie258
    edited June 2015
    Options

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Hi All

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Thanks for the heads up on the yogurt Roger...the closest Costco for me is almost 2 hours away :(
    Great job on your walking and shopping

• Trixie258
    Options
    6/10 NOT 100%

Had a fun night out with some Lady friends. It was a place called Hamburger Mary's. It is drag queens, and they offer charity bingo nights, it was a hoot. And we help a couple of children's charity groups here in Tampa. I ate a naked Mary, which was a hamburger with mushrooms and onions, and cheese with lettuce as the bun, a couple of bites of cole slaw, and a couple of bites of fruit cups. Calorie wise I was good, where I went wrong was with the fireball and diet coke. We just have to let loose some time.

Sounds like fun Donna!!

• Trixie258
    Options
    Hi All,

88353102.png

weight.png

I know you can do it Millie!!

• Trixie258
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    = 6/9 and 6/10 100 %

I hope everybody is doing well.

HI Sue...your rocking the 100%

• Trixie258
    Options
    6/10 NOT 100%

Ok..not sure what's up but I've been ravenous the last couple days! I had a extra PF..I am gonna try my hardest to be 100% today!

• milliehubbardyahoo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6/10 100%

Made it through the after work and evening timeframe OP, that is my danger zone. Now that summer is here I can distract myself with taking care of my garden (flowers). That required a run to Wally World last night to get a new hose...for the last several weeks I have been guarding my daylilies. I planted them 3 years ago and have yet to see a bloom since the deer think my garden is their personal salad bar!! Well...success!! I have finally seen blooms open and they are beautiful! I must have 30 stems with 4-5 buds on each stem, if I can keep the deer away it will be a spectacular few weeks! Of course the deer especially like the "expensive" hybrid lilies, they could care less about the run of the mill Stella d'Oro variety. Success all around :-)

88353102.png

weight.png

• CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    100% 06/10/2015

Hey Millie- Glad to see you here. I’m not happy to hear about your lilies and the deer. Glad you have blooms, but we are planting some for the first time this year. We ordered Stella de Oro, Strawberry Candy and Pardon Me. They are plants and we should receive them next week. We have a herd of five deer that are in our yard every night, so the lilies may be doomed from the start. We are putting them in a ½ barrel next to the front porch which we sit on most early mornings with the paper and coffee. We do have some deer repellent spray we could use, but it smells really bad and I would hate to enjoy that with my morning coffee too. LOL

Have a great day!
    Linda Kay
  • milliehubbardyahoo
    Options

Hey Millie- Glad to see you here. I’m not happy to hear about your lilies and the deer. Glad you have blooms, but we are planting some for the first time this year. We ordered Stella de Oro, Strawberry Candy and Pardon Me. They are plants and we should receive them next week. We have a herd of five deer that are in our yard every night, so the lilies may be doomed from the start. We are putting them in a ½ barrel next to the front porch which we sit on most early mornings with the paper and coffee. We do have some deer repellent spray we could use, but it smells really bad and I would hate to enjoy that with my morning coffee too. LOL

The deer repellent will probably work especially if you have the barrel next to the house. If you spray the night before it should dry up by morning and you won't really smell it. I had used a brand last year that had more of a "minty" scent but I don't think it worked as well as the "stinky" stuff.

I have Strawberry Candy also, just beautiful. You will really enjoy them. Be careful, Daylilies can be really addictive, there are so many new varieties each year. The "Candy" series are really beautiful. I also have 'Chocolate Candy' that I'm hoping to see this year...that one is planted in a different bed that has yet to bloom, so fingers are crossed...there are buds but since I've yet to see the buds open I'm not sure if it is the Chocolate Candy or 'Darla Anita'...planted all of these 3 years ago and...well you know the story!!