What is the best way to diet when you are unable to train due to a long term injury?

Options
kruggsy
kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
I have been unable to workout for over 4 months due to a back injury and am putting on weight. What can I do to try to avoid putting on too much more until I am able to train again? Please help!

Replies

• TriciaB04
    TriciaB04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is tough. You lose weight by burning more calories than you consume. So if you can't burn much, you can't consume much either. I'm not an expert, and I don't have advice, I just feel for you. Get well soon.
  • kruggsy
    Options
    Aww, thank you. I appreciate that. It is a stinker. :-/. I am trying by cutting back on some carbs but I'm not sure that this works too well as I am struggling to consume enough calories now! :-(.
  • FitnFierceJamie
    FitnFierceJamie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Open up Google and start researching Low Carb High Fat and Wheatbelly ways of eating. The beauty of these meal plans is that you only count carbs - staying away from sugar and grains. No calorie counting needed. Lots of us lose weight eating this way with absolutely NO exercise.
  • kruggsy
    Options
    ok thanks, I will take a look.
  • ANSL_Mom
    ANSL_Mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I quit sugar is great. Focus on getting the sugar out and good stuff in. I feel so much better since following this program.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think the Jay Robb Fat Burning plan would be good for you. I've done it and have great results and it is fairly easy to follow. I can send you more info if you want. I also have a Facebook group I have set up for sharing information and motivation if your interested in joining us. Sorry about your injury - I hurt my knee and ankle about 1 1/2 ago and it was really hard waiting on it to heal.
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am new here but not to injury. Have been recovering for the past 3 years and it was hard. Unable to exercise and the weight piled on and I lost all muscle and mobility. Not a pity party here but just to let you know I totally empathise. After the first year, I found the cup diet works for me. Essentially I eat pretty much anything I want but only in a cup measure. No more. And I can eat as many times as I like as long as I space out each intake at least an hour or two apart. Also loads of veggies and fruits for snacks. These also count in the cups count. I hope this helps you as well as it helped me
  • blushenvy
    blushenvy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're injured!
    You said you are unable to workout...are you able to walk though? If you are, that is great, gentle exercise.