6/11 Day 112 Thursday Kamehameha Day

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
No this isn’t a day to celebrate the day the Goku taught himself the kamehameha wave....(Sorry to those who don’t get the reference it is a Dragon Ball Z joke..) Today is the day is in honor of Kamehameha the Great! Kamehameha the Great, also known as Kamehameha I and Kamehameha the First, was ruler of Hawaii from 1782 until his death on May 8, 1819. He is remembered for uniting Hawaii, introducing laws to uphold human rights in combat situations, and for being a fair and stable leader. His name means "lonely" or "loneliness" and he is sometimes known as the "Napoleon of the Pacific".

Seems like a sad day but he was a pretty cool dude! So we are goin Hawaiian today!

Today’s Challenge: Learn the hula!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdsP-H_BVc

Have fun!

Replies

• dezawada
    dezawada Posts: 238 Member
    Okay here is one this is only how it sounds spelling huma huma nuka nuka apoapa, huma huma is the fish, nuka nukais the nose, Apopka is the pig , huma huma nuka nuka apoapa, the fish with the pig like nose . I think that I remember most of the motions from summer camp
  • SkiWhack
    SkiWhack Posts: 2 Member
    I remember that from watching the Octonauts with my kids... And snorkeling off the coast of Maui
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,369 Member
    Fun challenge! Too bad I missed it. My grandkids were over, and they would have loved to do this.