Daily Report 2015-6-12

Options
This morning started off with a light drizzle, and a foggy run. Don't you love those? It's so much easier to keep up the pace without the sun beating down on you. With the Jackson 5 blaring in my ears, this day started off right.

I have a question for you gym rats out there: any good protein shake recipes? I tried making one recently with coconut water and bananas and whey protein, but it tasted blah. Are protein shakes even all they're cracked up to be?

Thanks guys, and hope your day is going well!

❤️Bella

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Hello Bella and everyone!
    I don't know anything about protein shakes. Sorry.

I got up early, tended the garden, exercised and cleaned some more on my daughter's house (she will be home tonight). I played with her dogs and got bloodied. Just an accident, they were so excited to play. Got to work to realize I forgot my lunch at home. :cry: I have some raspberries in the fridge and some crackers but I guess I will have a big dinner tonight!

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.

Alisa
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey,

My day started out good, I was so happy pumped after my zumba video but then I got behind the slowest log truck ever on my way to work and I ended up 5 minutes late. It's no biggy I guess, but I'm usually 10 to 15 minutes early everyday so it frustrated me this morning. I'll feel better this afternoon after I go to his company crawfish boil with him and then lift something heavy for an hour lol.

Bella I haven't made a protein shake it what seems like ages, mainly because my local grocery store doesn't carry the brand that I like anymore, but I might be able to help. I usually buy the plain vanilla soy/whey protein powders; when I make my shakes I like to have mine with Silk almond milk or Silk soy milk as my liquid base, I'll add a variety of fresh fruits (like strawberries, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mangoes, and peaches) and veggies (like cucumbers, cayenne or jalapeno peppers, and spinach), and depending on my cravings for the day I'll add some dark cocoa powder (if I want something chocolatey) or peanut butter (if I need an extra boost of protein).

I usually only drink protein shakes if I know I'm going to be lacking in protein for the day. Recently I've discovered I haven't really had that problem often, so I haven't been in a big hurry to buy some more. I hope this helps :smile:.

How I felt this morning after Zumba:
    8qubn4d9rtxk.jpg

What I'll be doing this afternoon:
    p21y59yxzjqp.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

~ Kris
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Kris, thanks so much for the tips! I bought this huge tub of vanilla whey protein powder from Trader Joes and was at a loss as to what to do with it. I will definitely try out your ingredient suggestions, thanks again!