"Stress affects health." No duh!

Options
9ofthem
9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
I was doing great. Better than I had in a couple of years. Then life started happening. Husband's company closed the plant, but he got a new job with a longer drive. The 17yr old got in trouble with the police. That was a first for any of my kids. Husband overdrew the bank account. Niece ran away from abusive boyfriend to stay with us. Now she is talking about getting back with him. I am dodging calls from my elderly, yet bossy, mother in law, and my sister in law. my 19yr old daughter is dating a guy that has all the red flags of being a future abuser. Puts dd down, makes fun of her, is jealous of her time, is still talking to his ex girlfriend and is not honest. She of course thinks he is perfect. She's never been around anyone that would hurt her. She is the apple of her daddy's eye and has 7 brothers. She thinks all men are like them. Not true. Each event on their own are tough, but doable. Added together? My body threw a fit and burst a blood vessel in my arm. It looks like someone really hurt me as the bruise looking thing is about the size of a saucer. It is part of the blood disorder. My body can randomly burst a vessel and the drs call it a bleed out. I had this happen several years ago on my leg and it put me in bed for a couple of weeks until it healed. This one is on my arm, so I can still walk. It will still take rest to make it heal. I don't see an opportunity for rest for at least a week. Funny thing is that I am stressing that I don't have time to rest because of all the stresses that already exist. Irony at its finest. lol. Thanks for letting me 'vent' here. I can't really complain to a person near me or they would think I was whining.

Replies

• Land_Rocket
    Land_Rocket Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey, that's exactly what the group is here for :smiley:

You've got a lot going on, and trying to keep on the weight wagon is probably the last thing in your mind at the moment, but, like everything in life, all you can do is carry on, and keep moving forward at whatever pace is comfortable.

Just keep believing, and be determined... With determination, things will improve!

Like a game of chess, it's not meant to happen fast. Play it slow, but strategically. It's the way to win!
  • 9ofthem
    Options
    Thank you for listening. Niece has gone home to her mother. Bank didn't charge us a fee because it was under 5$. Hubby got the weekend off. Hubby is the one to have to talk to the delinquent boy for the weekend. DD's doofus boyfriend wasn't around today. I checked in with my local pharmacist when I had to get some meds today. She said that I should probably have my dr check my INR blood levels to make sure I don't need to adjust the meds again. As long as nothing else bleeds, she figures I am probably ok. She did tell me not to sleep on that side on the bruise place. As it doesn't hurt, I hadn't thought of that.

Now I need to find a healthier meal at my husband's favorite restaurant as every date seems to end up with way too many fatty calories. I need to hoard my calories for the one alcoholic drink I take as a sleeping potion. lol. I need my sleep. I can handle just about anything if I get enough sleep.

The bad thing about your chess analogy is that I am the most erratic player you would ever play. I just play whatever seems right at each move. No strategy. I usually jabber away or sing along to the radio at the same time. I have beaten everyone I play just because they are trying to figure out how to out strategize me. Once I explain what I am doing, I can never win against them again. lol. My oldest son beat me when he was a teen, but I beat him when he was about 21 and won't play him again. I won on a technicality and won't let him beat me again. ha ha. So, all in all, I am making up life as I go. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully the court date on Monday won't go as badly as it can. All the prayers you want to say would be greatly appreciated.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I hope things have improved some since your post!
  • 9ofthem
    Options
    Well, the court date for the son was postponed another month. The court did give me permission to let him do yard work outside the house in our yard. This lets him gets some exercise. We finished Vacation Bible School this week. I have to run the gantlet of a church potluck. I tell you, those little old ladies can cook some very tempting foods. lol. Hubby is working all weekend, but is supposed to be off for four whole days for the 4th of July weekend. The following Monday is when we start back to homeschooling. I take off for a bit each spring and fall, but we school in the heat of the summer when the children whine about it being too hot to play outside. I will be having 7 different kids in different grades in school this year. That's the most at one time in all 21yrs that I have been teaching. It will be a challenge all its own. I was a teacher in VBS this last week. It was the first time I have taught in several years. It is hard on me physically just getting up and out each day for one week. Kind of a reminder that I will never be able to hold down a job. I was tired the first day and took an afternoon nap. Tuesday, a nap and to bed by 8. Wed, a nap and bed by 7. Thursday, using the cane, short grocery run and bed by 6. Friday, bed by 8 and stayed there until noon on Saturday. My back hurts so bad, but the house is a pit after this week, so I will be directing the troops (kids) to clean up to a livable standard. We also have to make something to take to the potluck. Luckily, the day is a lovely 80ish with a good breeze and not hot heat index. For once, 80* feels like 80*. lol. Well, off to fight myself for the day. Oh, great news. I have lost down to 205. That is 35lbs lost since Febuary. Slow and steady.