6/13 Day 114 Saturday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Hello, everyone! Today is Saturday and I’m so glad it is! Time to relax a bit but I don’t want to be tempted by going and getting something easy to eat. Though it is very tempting to do so!

Today’s Challenge: No Fast food

The only thing that fast food has going for it, is that it is fast and quick. I will not give into it today!

Replies

• hochh130
    hochh130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Other than Subway I never eat fast food. It all taste greasy.
  • cma51709
    cma51709 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have mad that my goal since I started dieting. My hubby and I ate out way too much
  • skork127
    skork127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never eat fast food, even before I started mfp. Those place make millions of dollars and can't even have quality food.
  • sunnyaz4
    sunnyaz4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use to eat out like every day. (This was like 2 weeks ago) So I still struggle with this goal, but I am cutting back. Hopefully soon I can say I only eat out on special occasions or never.
  • cnebesnik
    cnebesnik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined this group today and I'll admit, I like fast food. But I've been trying to eat better this past week, and yesterday my husband asked me if I wanted some Burger King he was picking up on his way home. So I looked up their online menu and chose a whopper jr no mayo thinking it was one of the better choices calorie wise. But did he stop there, oh no. He made it a meal. With large fries. And a large soda. Normally I would've eaten everything and then picked at his too, but I honestly felt kinda bad about my burger. In reality it didn't even taste good. It's just salt and fat and sugar and sadness lol. So I wish I had seen today's post yesterday. It would've saved me from 400+ calories and regret.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge, Auna, and kudos to Sunnyaz4 and Cnebesnik for cutting back and cutting out. Eating fast food is a habit and the food is engineered tastewise to cause cravings that then drive the habit. If you are interested in learning more about habits and how to use habits to our advantage, Charles Duhigg's The Power of Habit (http://charlesduhigg.com/the-power-of-habit/) is an excellent book!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,045 Member
    Options
    I missed this challenge; fortunately, I avoided fast food yesterday. Not really a big deal, I'm not a fan of fast food.