Hello and Thanks for Invite

Options
BevSmith0142
BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Bev and I am also a Canadian currently living in the UK right now. I have three daughters (twins who are married and 6 children between them) and my youngest who is 18 and has just returned to Canada (just outside of Toronto) ahead of me. I have just lost my first 4.5 pounds but have lots to go - another 67 at least. It's been a tough couple of years (well okay three) and I also have some health challenges to work around too, but I really need to lose this weight so I can look good, and feel good, enjoy clothes shopping, have energy and endurance, and hey, looking younger than my age would be nice too. So glad I've found this group and I look forward to getting to know one another as we help, support and encourage each other on our weight loss and wellness journeys. Onwards and downwards, Bev

Replies

• cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bev. I tend to be an all or nothing girl too. I have always tried this alone before. I just found the Community and think with the help and support of so many good people, I can really do this now. I have a long journey, so it is so nice to not feel alone. This is going to be an awesome team!
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Where's the "Like" buttons on here? LOL
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Awww thanks everyone. I agree, I think we're going to have a great team, and the online support and friendship will be a big part of that. :) Erin, it would be nice if there was a LIKE button on here. > ;)
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi bev I'm born and bred UK my long term goal is to be a healthy weight so I can quit work healthy in ten years and move to Corfu
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    melbabe75 wrote: »
    Hi bev I'm born and bred UK my long term goal is to be a healthy weight so I can quit work healthy in ten years and move to Corfu

Oooh nice Mel. That would be lovely and something worth working towards too!
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a like button as well but guess that's not going to be found any time soon. I am going to keep the group fairly small so we can keep up with each other, any recommendations on how many people it should be kept at?
  • melbabe75
    Options
    Oh good idea about limiting group size. I'm not sure group size 20-30?
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    I will give it a few days for those on my page who may want to come, if you know anyone who could benefit from a small group invite them as it may help a few to stay more motivated when they see posts that are easy to find and can ask any questions along the way. I think smaller is better then too big as it makes it too hard to see everything but depending if someone really needs it we can make exceptions after all it is all about helping each other!
  • melbabe75
    Options
    Great idea
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    I like that idea too Ginette. :)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Boy I wish they had a like button, lol.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Yeah, me too.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    So do we do one more shout out for anyone who may want to join us or do we take our chances and leave it open or close it?
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Hi Ginette, well we are close to 30 members now. If you'd like to do one more shout out and then close it down for awhile and see how many members remain active perhaps. I find that it starts more robust and then some start to taper off. What do you think and how can we help you / would you like help to manage this group?
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Well I never got around to doing the shout out so will do one now and then will see what happens. Honestly everyone is being really good at kind of keeping on top of stuff so there isn't much work to do, you are doing awesome at keeping up with everyone, better then I have been with my busy life lately! Thanks for keeping an eye on things and for everyone else for being so awesome as well!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Thanks Ginette - happy to help and we've got a great group that I hope will stick through. :)