Hello!

Options
ErinCMDonohue
ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
My name is Erin. I'm 29 years old (for the first time ;) ) and I am a native of Colorado. Go Broncos! I have two beautiful little boys of almost 4 and 1.5 years old, and my husband of 5 years this September.

I have struggled with my weight and body image all my life. A year before my wedding I weighed 265, but was determined to look the best I could for my wedding. I lost 100lbs! I had a personal trainer at that time (lucky me) since hubby and I had disposable income before having kids. I got pregnant right away and didn't gain weight from the pregnancy but gained after. I was back up to 175 when I got pregnant with my second and then I packed on the pounds. :(

I've had a difficult time balancing my work life and time with my family, and have struggled with taking time for myself. I feel guilty when I do treat myself with the gift of "me time" and have put off exercise for a long time. Now that I'm back up to 210 and look/feel horrible, I'm determined to try to allow myself the time I need to be healthy for myself and my family.

My mindset now is not to reach a number with my weight. My goal is to be whatever healthy feels like. By committing to exercising 4-5 times a week and paying attention to what I put in my body, I know I'll get there!

Any support I can give to any of you, I'm there!

Replies

• GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, glad you joined us. I was so much skinnier when I was pregnant then I am now. My husband keeps telling me I've had three kids, ummm the baby is 18 so I can't let that be an excuse! It's hard to put ourselves first especially with kids, mine are 18, 20 and 21 and my day still revolves around them, for rides, getting them to work, feeding them, usually at different times for the most part, picking up after them, laundry etc, although they know how to do all these things I still as a mom feel I should help them with it all. So keep in mind that taking them for walks, playing at the park with them, chores around the house, etc. all count towards burning calories. You need to take time for you so that you can live a nice healthy life. We are here and like we said no judgements only positive things, if anything works for you or a good recipe shows up anything at all let us know and share!
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, I can certainly relate to your post. Like Ginette, my children are older now (twins 29 and my youngest is 18) but with the twins I packed on 63 pounds! I think most women feel guilty for taking time for themselves. We feel like we are being selfish even. I did exactly the same thing and up to recently I still struggled with that. I think it helps to know you are not alone and many of us have dealt with similar challenges. So any support, I'm there too. Bev
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! It is nice to know it isn't just me. :)
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Erin just think how far you've come from this original post. You are kicking butt!