Good morning! Happy Sunday!

Options
GinetteMac
GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
Glad to see all of you posting away and helping each other! It's much easier to see who posts what etc, this way! I had a close call with donuts today! Hubby tried to talk me into getting a box of donuts on the way home from dropping off our daughter at work, and nope didn't happen. I love donuts but came home and had whole grain toast with a banana and started my water intake. Hoping to get some exercise in, laundry done and house cleaning but so far pretty lazy. I had 3 glasses of wine last night but had made up the calories during the day but now I feel sluggish. It shows how our bodies change with just a little bit of life style change it starts rebelling when we go out of the calorie zone. Happy Sunday to you all and remember you've got this!

Replies

• melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Enjoy I've done some school work short walk before breakfast with hubby made up for yesterday's take out blip
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to you as well. I've been stuck indoors today as we are experiencing a bit of a cold snap and it's been raining all weekend. Supposed to brighten up again during the week so that will be nice. No walking for me though today and now I've got the lazies. Well done Ginette on staying away from the donuts (that's a danger food for me).
  • ErinCMDonohue
    ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love donuts too! Great job avoiding them! I've not done my workout yet today but will be as soon as the kiddos go to bed. I'm getting a kick out of searching the foods in my fridge and pantry and looking at what's in them. I know...I'm weird. LOL
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Thanks ladies, lazy sunday here as well as it's freaking raining yet again. I just got ready to go run errands with my daughter only to see it is pouring outside so we aren't going to go now, I don't feel like getting wet. Hopefully it stops soon and we can go then. Erin I have started reading labels etc as well, hubby just frowns at me, I don't want to be obsessed but the sodium and sugar contents worry me, let alone how many calories are in it, I don't want to blow my whole day with something I thought would be fine to notice it had 700 calories in it. Way to go Mel, getting that exercise in early and Bev I sure hope it stopped raining for you :(
  • melbabe75
    Options
    Typical UK weekend awful been sunny all week too. We've got out between rain
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Yay, woke up to sunshine today. Long may it continue... :)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It was foggy here this morning but when I got off work it was sunny and very very hot and humid. I walked home and made the walk longer into an hour for more exercise and boy was I hot and looked like a stinking tomotoe but at least some exercise got done today plus i've already drank 14 glasses of water, helps when you are dehydrated from the heat! Glad you are enjoying a beautiful sunny day Bev and hopefully your Monday is bright as well Mel!
  • melbabe75
    Options
    Lovely day for a stroll not too hot and definitely not humid
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Oh, I can't wait for summer to come back. We are in the middle of the cold and miserable winter and I love the warm sun! My gym is also freezing so I always start training with layers on (my trainers are hectic so the layers are all off by the end of warm up though).
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    No humidity here for us yet. In fact, it's been unseasonably cool with the odd day of summer and nice temps. I have been resisting putting the central heating on though on the cooler days. It just seems wrong when we are in the middle of June! Ginette, I don't know how you managed an hour long walk in really humid weather. I take my hat off to you. Way to go! Glad you drank lots of water though and stayed hydrated. My daughter just went back to Canada at the end of May and she's still trying to adjust to the heat and humidity. It was quite a shock to her system. LOL
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    No humidity here for us yet. In fact, it's been unseasonably cool with the odd day of summer and nice temps. I have been resisting putting the central heating on though on the cooler days. It just seems wrong when we are in the middle of June! Ginette, I don't know how you managed an hour long walk in really humid weather. I take my hat off to you. Way to go! Glad you drank lots of water though and stayed hydrated. My daughter just went back to Canada at the end of May and she's still trying to adjust to the heat and humidity. It was quite a shock to her system. LOL

I have a huge park right across the street from my house, a 30 second walk down a small path and if it gets too much I can boot it home to cool down, there is also a beach there so i'm hoping that I can pop in the water a few times to cool off and get some water aerobics done at the same time, lol. I guess I am used to it and when I come home and my skin is glistening I know I either worked hard or it's too sticking hot out, lol.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Hahaha - where you live sounds lovely. I would love to live close by the beach and a park. I just love the water, something about it is so tranquil - soothing really. And it's a great way to encourage you to get out and get some exercise too in lovely surroundings! :)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    I guess i've walked the park path lots as people are starting to stop me on my walks to chat with me, so here's a funny, a lady yesterday stopped me on my walk and asked if she knew me from somewhere, I said nope she didn't seem familiar so she says oh okay, so I walk the path in another loop yet again she stops me and asks me yet again if she might know me as I seem very familiar, and I say nope and keep walking, anyways after the fourth time she stops me yet again and starts to laugh and says I knew I knew you, and I said oh and how do you know me, she said you got by me about every six minutes, hahahaha, guess she was trying to make me laugh. We ended up chatting but it cut into my walk time. And if I walk without the dog they ask where my boy is, lol.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Haha that is cute! It's funny how people associate us with our kids or our pets but when we are on our own - they're not too sure. For years I was the "twins" mom and then with my youngest, "Chelsea's mom. ;)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Lol I use to tell people I have a name beside's being one of my kids moms, lol. Oh and most of my kids friends call me mom so I guess technically I don't have many names besides that one, lol. One of my daughters friends called her and told her he loved me, only met him for a half hour, guess I was a hit, lol.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Awww - I can certainly relate. A few of my daughter's friends call me mom too. I think it's really sweet. :)