Don't Give Up!

Options
dottieketostrong
dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
I am pretty excited. A couple of weeks ago when I figured I was not going to be able to drop anymore weight, I started giving away some of my clothes that had gotten too snug. There were 2 pair of skimmer shorts that I could not bring myself to give away just yet. They are my favorite summer wear. Tonight, I tried them on and they fit!
I don't understand why my weight stood still for a whole month - starting with just the second week I was back on NS. But suddenly it has started coming off - rather rapidly. I can feel it and see it in my body. I am right at 10 pounds down, which is only 5 pounds away from my goal. I was so certain I would not reach my goal, I had actually bumped it back up to 165. This morning I was 166 and I can't decide to change the goal or just leave it as is. I guess as long as I am successful eating the number of calories I am eating now, I will leave it alone.
I wanted to post this because I KNOW there are others who seem to have no luck losing weight at first - or losing really slowly. Just stick to it! Things turned around for me when i prayed and decided to just accept myself as I was, and just enjoy eating healthy and exercising because it makes me feel good and healthy. I didn't care if I lost any more, I just didn't want to gain any more! Anyway, I have a LOT of travel coming up this summer, so there will be more temptation than I have had to deal with. But I know if I keep my focus, I can make good choices, because I deserve it.

Replies

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for 2 MONTHS....now I'm losing again....don't give up is the best advice!!!!!!
  • fionna314
    fionna314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for a month. This gives me some hope. Thanks
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    fionna314 wrote: »
    I've been on a plateau for a month. This gives me some hope. Thanks
    I am glad it helped, Fionna. We are all in this together!

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You made me smile out loud, dottie. :)
  • lynne0754
    lynne0754 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau since April.
  • lynne0754
    lynne0754 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After this month, I'm done with NS because it doesn't seem to be working for me. After the first 10 pounds, which it took over 2 months to lose, I haven't lost any more. I started on February 8th. I've tried everything, switching meals, etc., and my body just doesn't want to lose any more weight. Being a 61 year old woman sucks as far as weight loss is concerned. So, I did try but I can't see paying out the money each month for something that doesn't work for me. I'll still try to lose weight, just not on NS. Thanks for all your support this last month on this blog.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Dottie, I know you were frustrated for a while so I am so very happy to read this!! :)
  • bugfrogmom
    bugfrogmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like your advice about praying and just accepting yourself. I have possibly reached the point where NS is simply no longer working for me, but I am not going to give up. I still have too much food and too many Costco gift cards to quit now. I will try to relax and expect a turnaround when the time is right. At 134 lbs., I am okay...I just have to accept it.
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    I'm cancelled my auto ship of NS this month. For me, NS helps me get my focus back, but I never do it more than a few months. I've made it to 165, and I'm okay with that. When I look in the mirror, instead of being critical, I say thanks to God for my body...all of it. Self acceptance is easier when I'm making good choices with food and exercise, no matter what the scale or measuring tape says. I do believe we get to a point where our bodies are comfortable and it's hard to keep losing. But at 54. I'm not going to look like a 34 year old, nor do I want to.
    I live near the beach. Sometimes I see a middle aged woman who is thin sporting a bikini. Well, guess what? She has wrinkly and saggy skin even then she's not overweight. I will never have a young, firm body again ( at least here on earth). But I can have inner peace and self control and a beautiful spirit.
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes, my weight slowed down then this last Sunday I jumped on scale, not really jumped, HA! but no weight gain at all from the weekend, and I did exercise with a good walk, but ate more bread than I normally do, and no weight gain at all. I'm hoping for a better weigh in this week, so we will see. I have had a few mini vacations that have set my weeks back, but no weight gain at all on the vacations, but now need to catch up and lose more.
  • dottieketostrong
    Options
    I know what you mean about travel. I did gain a couple on my beach trip, but quickly got it back off. Sunday I am leaving for California for a week to stay with my daughter and grandchildren. I will have little control over what she chooses for food and such, but I'm gonna do my best not to gain.
  • evhutchings
    Options
    lynne0754 wrote: »
    After this month, I'm done with NS because it doesn't seem to be working for me. After the first 10 pounds, which it took over 2 months to lose, I haven't lost any more. I started on February 8th. I've tried everything, switching meals, etc., and my body just doesn't want to lose any more weight. Being a 61 year old woman sucks as far as weight loss is concerned. So, I did try but I can't see paying out the money each month for something that doesn't work for me. I'll still try to lose weight, just not on NS. Thanks for all your support this last month on this blog.
    Sorry you arent happy with ns....but u r welcome here whether u buy ns food or not! We are here to support weight loss....you are part of our ns family....Randy

• evhutchings
    Options
    Oops....I shall finish now...Randy....our 'fearless leader'
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Sheesh....isn't using ns foods ....u r welcome here!!!!!
  • pldsparks
    pldsparks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like making new friends that are on the same journey as me. It is discouraging when my weight loss doesn't go the way I want, but NS is working really well for me. I am such a structured person, and NS is so easy; I have been on since May 15,2015 and I only had one day that I was hungry. That being said, I think weight loss comes down to calories in calories out and ANY program that helps to create the appropriate balance is good. I have counted calories on my own with great success, but the planning sometimes becomes a burden. That is why I decided to give NS a try. I have lost and gained weight over the last forty years, and each time I lose it, I tell myself I am going to maintain. Once I lose the weight I want, I am going to really focus on Maintenance.....something I have never seemed to be able to do, but I will not give up.