Sharing is caring!

Options
MzLaLa29
MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
Discuss any random topics here. What are you eating? What workouts are you doing? If you have a fitness tracker and need friends, post your info so we can add you. Let's keep each other motivated!

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It has been a BIG help to me to log my food in advance so that I see the numbers in plenty of time to make needed changes.
    It helps me stick to my plan to HAVE a plan!
    Then I enter in any changes and my glasses of water as I go through the day.
    What are some helpful hints that you would like to share?
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    It has been a BIG help to me to log my food in advance so that I see the numbers in plenty of time to make needed changes.
    It helps me stick to my plan to HAVE a plan!
    Then I enter in any changes and my glasses of water as I go through the day.
    What are some helpful hints that you would like to share?

I do the same thing! Logging first seems to put everything into perspective.

I have a hard time drinking water so I use an app on my phone called aqualert. It reminds me every hour to to drink until I reach 64oz.
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    I cant have my phone with me at work so I have a person guideline..2 cups before I leave for work, 2 cups mid morning and 2 by mid afternoon. Then I plan to have 2 when I get home but thats when I tend to drop the ball.
    This challangd is where I hope to beat that struggle though!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Exercise used to be a difficult thing for me to fit into my schedule until I realized it doesnt have to be this BIG deal.
    I took some time to look at the numbers (which granted may not be 100% accurate but are at least a guideline) and I found this:
    If I take 20 minutes to do something aerobic in the morning and then after work take a 15 minute moderate walk with the dog, 15 minutes doing yard work, 15 minutes doing moderate house work (all which needs to be done) then add some yoga/stretching in at the end of the day..I have burned an extra 378 calories.
    It doesnt have to be all at once, or involve going to the gym, or lots of sweat. I just need to get moving and in return me (and my grand-dog) & my living space will all be more fit.
    I know its not a real original thought...but just get moving! :blush:
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    I decided not to call off from work today so here's the meal prep I was all excited about :smile:

Breakfast - oatmeal and a banana
    AM Snack - greek yogurt and strawberries (didn't like the yogurt)
    Lunch - shrimp stir fry
    PM Snack - turkey and provalone on wheat
    Dinner - Kale salad and trout fillet

I'm trying to eat 300 calories meals every two hours. I'll let you guys know if it makes any significant difference by the end of the challenge. My daily goal is 1200 but I prefer to leave a 400 calorie deficit after my workout.

So what are you guys eating?
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Here's something fun I saw on another group...how much have you lost?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
  • MzLaLa29
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Here's a three mile walk I do on YouTube. It's 38 minutes. She also has a one mile walk that takes 13 minutes. Check them out if you ever need a quick workout.

https://youtu.be/T1SuGWI2Xpg
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    I never dreamed you could do a walk on youtube!
    Thats cool!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    I feel the need to vent today. I'm struggling throughut this challenge because I have a lot going on. My clothes washer is broken, my A/C unit is out of freon, the A/C in my car doesn't work (amongst other things), my refridgerator decided to go lukewarm on me, my internet went out yesterday and as you all know my activity tracker was giving me issues. As if that is not enough, we have been trying to purchase our home from a lease option since November. Oy, vey!

I can admit that I am an emotional eater (when stressed) and I used to drink heavily. In times like these I would have a big ole steak and cheese sub with french fries and wash it down with a rum and coke. I have been craving chocolate anything lately, but I've managed to keep that at bay a little bit. Even though I'm the one who started this group, I am grateful for you all keeping me motivated. I may have made some different choices over the past few weeks if I had no one to hold me accountable.

Hopefully this time next week we will be home owners, and at least my washer should be working again. Baby steps... :smile: Whatever your situation may be, you have the will power to make wise and healthy choices. Have a great day you guys!!!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Both my sister and I have been dealing with one thing after another this past week as well!! What is going on?
    Well thank goodness we all have each other to help us stay on track during times like this. I know that even on my "bad" dsys I am doing better than I used to.
    Hang in there MzLaLa!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Time to great ready for a new week! I hope we all have a calm and successful week! :smiley:
    Let's make this 3rd week count!