No Motivation

Options
sarahelizaaaa
sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
Hey, guys. I'm 8 weeks along and have zero motivation to basically do anything, lol. Just a short month ago I was in a consistent work out routine (T-25, some weight lifting, walking/running w/ toddler) and eating really healthy. The staples of my diet are currently plain bagels and Vernors and my exercise routine is the minimal amount of walking I do at work and the running after my toddler I do at home. Seriously my Fitbit is so sad. Please tell me this ends. I was not very active when I was pregnant w/ my son, so I was eager to continue my active lifestyle with this pregnancy and so far that is not happening. Does anyone else feel my pain?

Replies

• sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was very active and focused on my diet until I found out I was pregnant, and now I struggle to do everything (and I'm at 20 weeks). My motivation got a little better in the 12-16 week range because I was just too fatigued to even think and it let up a bit then, but then my fatigue came back and I'm basically in the no-motivation boat again.

So yes, I totally feel your pain. Hopefully you're not like me and can find your energy to do stuff again in the upcoming weeks. :)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I bet a lot of us do.

I'd been very active before getting pregnant, and when I first tested positive, I had all kinds of ideas about how I'd keep up my fitness plan. But then I had a couple of weeks of spotting and bleeding (terrifying!) and when that cleared up, the morning sickness and fatigue settled in. The morning sickness went away eventually, but the fatigue didn't. I'm now 29 weeks, and I haven't done a real workout in ages. And that's OK. I do my best to get through each day and do everything I NEED to do -- work, keep the house clean, make food, take care of my kid -- and anything I manage to do beyond that is a bonus.
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I readjusted my expectations big time and only after I was 16 weeks and felt half decent!!! Now I aim for 20 mins of SOMETHING... Usually yoga or a walk. It's manageable time wise and sometimes when I start I keep going... Sometimes I struggle for the 20 mins. I figure there is so much change at play right now the last thing I need is to beat myself up. As it is I'm more consistently active this pregnancy than I was with my son so I'm putting it in the win column. Go easy on yourself mama!
  • sarahelizaaaa
    sarahelizaaaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Makes me feel better about my lack of wanting to do much of anything :)