Goal! I did it!

Options
xKoalaBearx
xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
edited June 2015 in Social Groups
Good morning everyone!

I did it! After trying unsuccessfully to control my weight for the past, all my life really, trying and failing so many times, feeling like a failure and even giving up hope for the last several years, I finally reached my goal weight of a healthy weight in the middle of the BMI range.

After hitting my max of 200 lbs I am finally under 145!

My father started NS last year and was able to (relatively easily) lose a bunch of weight, I figured I should give that a try. NS really works for me. It helped me understand portion control, how little fruits and vegetables I actually need to eat, the importance of water, the value of even a little exercise has, and that I can eat 6 times a day,

Unlike all the "diets" I've tried in the past, the way of eating encouraged by NS has been so easy for me because I've felt that I wasn't even dieting. And unlike in the past, I have a plan for what to do AFTER reaching my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. I'm going to continue eating and exercising like this. I think that's the best part. So I'm more confident than ever that I can maintain this. I've never been able to "diet" this long and lose this much weight ever.

So thank you everyone here on the boards for all your support and encouragement. Thank you NS and MFP.

Yay!!!

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am SO very proud of and for you, Koala!!! This is an admirable feat on your part.

Thank you, too, for your encouraging message.

YAY, KOALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh That is awesome. Congratulations!! All here for u any time just like u here for us!! Love to hear the successes!!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Your victory is so awesome! Cannot wait to see what advice you have for us about maintenance!!!!!
  • mgravenhorst
    mgravenhorst Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Koala, congratulations on your achievements! I used to read your NS blogs and found them very encouraging and informative. You were one of many blogs I read that helped me along the NS path. As I work the program and inch toward my goals I will keep your successes in mind. I cannot wait to see your posts about maintenance. Please keep in touch, your victories enhance and help us achieve our victories. Keep going strong. Congratulations again, your NS buddy, Marcy
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :) Congratulations to you!!! How wonderful!!! So very happy for you!!! :)
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll make sure to write about my insights on maintenance.

So far my plan is to do exactly the same thing for now. Except I'm going to add 100 cal per day (now 1600) for the next week or two and see how that goes.

My other goal is to try for a six pack and get toned. Seems like a long shot but how awesome would that be?

Wish me luck!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I do wish you luck!!!
  • dreamer4045
    dreamer4045 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I did it! After trying unsuccessfully to control my weight for the past, all my life really, trying and failing so many times, feeling like a failure and even giving up hope for the last several years, I finally reached my goal weight of a healthy weight in the middle of the BMI range.

After hitting my max of 200 lbs I am finally under 145!

My father started NS last year and was able to (relatively easily) lose a bunch of weight, I figured I should give that a try. NS really works for me. It helped me understand portion control, how little fruits and vegetables I actually need to eat, the importance of water, the value of even a little exercise has, and that I can eat 6 times a day,

Unlike all the "diets" I've tried in the past, the way of eating encouraged by NS has been so easy for me because I've felt that I wasn't even dieting. And unlike in the past, I have a plan for what to do AFTER reaching my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. I'm going to continue eating and exercising like this. I think that's the best part. So I'm more confident than ever that I can maintain this. I've never been able to "diet" this long and lose this much weight ever.

So thank you everyone here on the boards for all your support and encouragement. Thank you NS and MFP.

Yay!!!
    Congratulations!

• tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My other goal is to try for a six pack and get toned. Seems like a long shot but how awesome would that be?

Wish me luck!

That's one of my goals too, thus my screen name. I have no doubt that you will reach this goal but good luck to you anyway!! B)

• dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I met my goal in 2009 and have been relatively successful at keeping 90% of it off! You can do it!
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! Cant wait to hear about your continued journey. Get that six pack!!! Im rooting for ya!
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! What a wonderful feeling! WTG!!!