June Check-in

AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
Hi! It's been interesting with a new puppy but my husband has been really supportive of me working out in the morning. I got up this morning and walked and did a strength training circuit.

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Nice! Is the puppy helping you with your workouts yet?

I decided to redo the Burn Phase of Chalean Extreme. I wasn't happy with my results, so I'm trying it again with less stress and heavier weights. Plus, Hubby wants to try to start working out with me more often and I didn't want him to have to start in Phase 2 since it sounds longer & a little tougher.
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Bookworm, sounds like a good plan. That's really cool that the hubby is working out with you!

I have two mornings in a row now that I've worked out. Kuddos today since I didn't sleep well and didn't want to work out, but I did anyway and I don't regret it!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Good job, Amee, on working out even when you didn't feel like it!

Bookworm, hope you are enjoying the workouts with your husband. If you don't mind my asking, why weren't you happy with the results? I haven't tried any of these workouts, but might want to in the future to change it up.

I am still on the DL. Physical therapist says four weeks of rehab and I should be healed; on week 2. I am technically not supposed to ride, but I couldn't stand it any more and went out on Monday. I spent almost the whole time grinning like an idiot. No pain except when I was tacking up. I'm not going to do any jumping (at least until next week), but plan to go out again on Thursday, and maybe get some help with the girth this time. I would wait longer, but I have another horse show coming up on June 21 and I really don't want to miss it.

On the running front, I really am going to hold off until I am cleared, but I still plan on doing some walking tonight (which I never seem to actually get around to doing). I am shooting for a 10k in Florida next month with my sister, which will only give me around 3 weeks to train (eek). It is aptly named the "suck it up buttercup" race. I think it will be a good indicator of whether I can be ready for the half marathon in September or if I should put it off.
  • bookworm_847
    Good for you Amee! Did you get a workout in today?

Hoya, that's great that you won't be on the DL for too much longer. I love the "grinning like an idiot" line; I'm happy you got to go for a ride!

I wasn't happy with my results because I let stress and my mental issues get in the way of my nutrition, so I gained a pound and half an inch on my hips, and the rest of my measurements were the same. I did lose an inch on my waist and a bit of body fat, so it wasn't a total bust. I just got some heavier weights, so I wanted to try it again while sticking to my meal plans better and using heavier weights.

I did Burn 2 today. The weight I used was incredibly challenging, but not impossible. I'm happy about my purchase of the adjustable weights-- I think it's a good investment. However, my arms & legs feel like they're made of al dente spaghetti noodles!
  • bookworm_847
    Burn 3 today! I increased my weights on all but one of my lifts, so I'm feeling pretty excited. Think I can use the muscle soreness and fatigue in my arms as a reason to ask Hubby to do the dishes today? ;)

How are you all doing?
  • bookworm_847
    *Tap tap tap* Is this thing on? :flowerforyou:

After missing all of last week with a strained/pulled/ incredibly unhappy neck muscle, I got some Chalean Extreme in this morning again. Very exciting!
  • hoyalawya2003
    Hi bookworm! Glad you are recovered from the pulled muscle.

Sorry haven't been stopping in lately; super busy. I went on a two hour ride Saturday which was lots of fun. Then went for my first real "run" (ok, I run/walk) last night. I actually had the same time as before I got hurt! Couldn't believe it. Planning to run a 5k on Saturday--one of my resolutions this year was to run a race every quarter, so I will just be squeaking that one in. My sister and I plan to run a 10k together next month, and I am still debating on when/where I will do a half marathon. So glad to be getting back on track!
  • bookworm_847
    That's fantastic! Yay for you getting back on track :)

The group has just been so quiet, I wasn't sure if anyone would be posting still.
  • I'm still here and following. I've had to stop exercise due to a medical condition, so haven't been posting. Surgery is scheduled for June 22nd, so hopefully, light walking after a couple weeks, then some time in August I'll be able to get back to some serious workouts. Keep posting everyone, helps keep me positive and motivated. Bill
  • bookworm_847
    Wow, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care!
  • Wow, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care!

Thank you!!!!

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    We went to hawaii for two weeks. We hiked or snorkeled everyday and did a lot of walking. I didnt eat good at all, but still lost 3.6 lbs!

I started a new round of T25 on Tuesday. Today is total body circuit. I have not started back running because I cant wake myself up early and it has been in the 90s with above 100 heat index. I have to work on getting up at 6 am and get back running.

We had been training in a huge hill before going to hawaii. I knew I had a long way to go, but was doing what I could. The hikes were a real struggle in elevation climbing. We did Koko Head first day. It has a 1428 steps up with the last part being almost verticle. Then 1428 steps down. The steps are railroad ties from and old tramline, so they are spaced further than a natural step. It was basically lunges the whole way. We were sore for days. An older man does this twice a day with ankle weights.

I surfed 3 years ago in Kauai. We went on Oahu and the waves were so different I never could get up past my knees.

Seeing photos taken I am mortified at my body and how far I have to go. We went on a snorkeling cruise to swim with dolphins and thy took photos we got back yesterday. I was really taken aback and sad all day after seeing myself. All I can do is today move forward and keep working and improving, but I never want to be embarrassed about myself in a wonderful vacation photo again!
  • hoyalawya2003
    Bill, glad you are still around, too! Hope you have a quick recovery, and good job keeping up with walks in the meantime! I was not so good about that when I was laid up.

Holly, so jealous of you--sounds like you had a great time. Can't believe you lost on vacation!! Don't be embarrassed--you are working hard and you will keep improving!

I decided to have a rest day last night because my shoulder ached after physical therapy. Going to take a quick ride tonight (too hot to do much) and pull my horse's mane to help get him ready for the show. We had a fantastic lesson on Tuesday--jumped better than I think we have ever done before. Feels great to keep making progress.
  • bookworm_847
    Holly-- that sounds like a wonderful vacation! Great job on the loss! And don't let any pictures get you down; it's all part of your fitness story. You're doing terrific.

Hoya-- that's great you and your horse had such a good day on Tuesday! When is your show? I'm sure you'll both be ready.

I didn't get my workout in this morning because I woke up really late, and thought I was going to drive to see my sister. I ended up not because her work plans changed. Perhaps a rest day was needed anyway. I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep on a good night, but last night I slept for 10 1/2 hours. It must be from getting back to my meetings with the weights again ;)

This feels like a really weird thing to say, but my favorite band released a new CD and listening to it makes it feel like a fog has lifted or something. I can't put my finger on it, but I feel much better mentally than I have in a while. I'll be curious to see how this improved state of mind translates to my workouts and fitness/ weight loss goals.

Have a great day! :)
  • hoyalawya2003
    Good Monday morning! Got a 3.5 mi run in this morning. The heat is helping motivate me to get up early even though I really don't want to. Did a 5k run on Saturday that started at 8:30 and it was already miserably humid. Plan to ride tomorrow evening and hope I don't melt.
  • bookworm_847
    Good for you! Here's hoping you return from your ride unmelted ;)

Today was an off day for Chalean Extreme, so I put in my Combat 30 dvd for something different. So much fun, but my shoulders are on fire. Hopefully I'm not too sore to keep my date with my dumbbells tomorrow!
  • hoyalawya2003
    Made it another 3.5 this morning. Did ride yesterday too, despite multiple obstacles (mostly kid-related). Was super hot, but so fun to get some jumping in! Have a lesson tomorrow, then we leave Friday for vacation. Trying to figure out when to squeeze in the 7 mile run that is on my half-marathon training schedule. Might not happen until Sunday.

Bookworm--hope your shoulders have recovered! Did you keep your hot date with the dumbbells?? I need to try some of those dvd workouts. My sister was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and seemed to like it. Hubby just asked me if he could get rid of my "the Firm" dvd set; I had to say yes since I've never even done 1 workout from it. :p
  • bookworm_847
    My shoulders were screaming just trying to get out of bed this morning, so I had a feeling that hoisting weights about was not to be. *sigh* So now I'll just have to make that one up before Monday!

What Firm workouts do you have? I have The Wave and Get Chisel'd. They're pretty fun, and I used them a lot before I discovered the Beachbody workouts I love so much.

I hope you have a fun vacation! :)
  • hoyalawya2003
    Got in 5 miles this morning but was more walking than I would have liked. Vacation going ok but behind on my runs due to bad weather. I refuse to run in cold rain! At least my horse is staying fit--I've loaned him out to a little girl and to my trainer for lessons!

I'm not even sure what dvds I have --my mom bought them and gave them to me! Maybe will give them a try when I get back to 99 degrees and 90 percent humidity.