On the go ideas?!

Options
I am taking a road trip in a couple weeks and won't have access to a microwave for some of it. I'm hoping to get ideas for easy to eat, no microwave meals that will not ruin my Nutrisystem diet. I am bringing a cooler so I can bring Greek yogurt, shakes, etc. Any suggestions would be fantastic! :smiley:

I think many others may benefit from this post too.

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Do you have a lunchcrock? A small (not a crockpot) device about 20 oz. that you can put your SS foods in, warm (not cook) for however long you want.

And, since you will have a cooler, you can put in veggies or whatever you want in the lunchcrock along with your SS food(s).

I use one all the time for my SS foods.

They do make car adapters (power inverter) for these lunchcrocks, too.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Do you have a lunchcrock? A small (not a crockpot) device about 20 oz. that you can put your SS foods in, warm (not cook) for however long you want.

And, since you will have a cooler, you can put in veggies or whatever you want in the lunchcrock along with your SS food(s).

I use one all the time for my SS foods.

They do make car adapters (power inverter) for these lunchcrocks, too.

Hi
    Believe it or not they also make 12 volt Microwaves, Not cheap sadly.
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Never saw one of those, Roger.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Verify where you are staying has a microwave and fridge available for guests to use, may not be a standard item but often they will provide them if you ask:)
  • xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can try focusing on staying within your calorie limits and using MFP for logging your non-NS foods while you're away. MFP has a huge library of foods, including dining out and restaurant menu items.

I think if you can log accurately and stay around your calories limits you should be fine.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    single serving canned chicken, or tuna (tuna also in pouches).