New cover or clip for fitbit zip

Options
_runnerbean_
_runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
I need a new clip cover thing for my zip- a piece of plastic broke off the back and I am worried the silicon bit will allow the actual fitbit to fall out. I checked the price of a replacement clip on amazon and it is nearly the same price as a new fitbit! Any other options for replacement clips at a more reasonable price?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you send a report to Fitbit? They may be able to send a new cover to you free of charge.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if it's the same bit that broke off of mine. Mine was right at the bottom of the clip where the fitbit logo was, exposing the metal prongs. Luckily I found that tiny bit of plastic, so I just super glued it back on!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 of those break at the plastic cover on metal prongs.

And it only comes off/on daily usually 1 time, maybe 2.

My superglue attempt failed.

They are pricy. Got one at Best Buy with an online coupon and ship to store option.
    Last one just ordered through Amazon with other stuff to get free shipping and it was fast enough.
    I took the cheapest price I could fine.

And I was always careful on the 1st replacement, so was surprised it broke too.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Christine, it was the same part that broke off:( I didn't realise the significance of it at the time so I binned it. Expensive mistake!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Contact Fitbit, they sent me a new one.
    I'm on my third case for the One.
    I've glued this one since that plastic piece broke again. The glue worked this time but it didn't the first.

When my One dies, I won't be replacing it since this case is so easy to break.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, I emailed fitbit and they sent me a replacement case. Although it's happened again. Now I just put it in my pocket.
  • Magenta529
    Magenta529 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This happened to me a while back, I ordered to clip replacement directly off the fit bit website for $8.