Calorie Tracker Question

Options
ErinCMDonohue
ErinCMDonohue Posts: 29 Member
I was feeling under the weather yesterday and didn't feel very hungry. MFP, smartly, doesn't allow an entry of calories under 1000 for the diary portion, and I can see why. But what if you have a stomach bug or the flu or something? Do you just enter enough calories to get through the day whether you consumed them or not? How do you all get around this setting?

Thanks, and happy tracking!

Replies

• GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    There is the occasional day that happens to me and I just don't get to post it, it still counts as you logging in but you won't get to post saying you finished it for the day, no big deal in the long run. Hope you are feeling much better today!
  • melbabe75
    melbabe75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weird mine posts whatever I've eaten maybe I've never been below 1000 lol
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    You have to consume at least 1000 calories or it tells you that you are going to be unhealthy as you are not eating enough and it won't post it as done on your page. It will post all your food eaten to your diary but that's it.
  • melbabe75
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yup you guys were spot on I just tried to log 900 and it wouldn't let me :-) mind you I may still eat something else today
  • ErinCMDonohue
    Options
    Ohhhhhh. I gotcha now, thanks! It's smart but for me, I'm my biggest competition and like to see the progress. LOL. I am better, thank you! Took a rest day yesterday and I'm glad I did. I think my body is getting used to better/less food and exercise and I was just adjusting. I guess the low calorie flu does exist! Haha
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    Glad to see you are better! Yeah sometimes our body feel like they need to adjust!
  • melbabe75
    Options
    It's like that article you mentioned Erin glad your feeling better
  • BevSmith0142
    BevSmith0142 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. I had a wicked headache the other night - a real brute. I think it's the same thing. my body adjusting to a new way of eating and routine.
  • amovin21
    amovin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been getting headaches to some degree every day for the past month since I've adjusted my eating and exercise habits. I agree - it's out body trying to adjust...at least I hope that's all it is! ;)
  • ErinCMDonohue
    Options
    I'm definitely much better, but now if I "cheat" at all I feel even worse. It's definitely a good thing makes me think really hard about eating something I know I probably shouldn't.
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    I agree Erin, I overate the other day and I felt gross I think we are getting used to how much to eat and what to eat for the most part! I had headaches at first from giving up cafeine (diet pop) so I started drinking one coffee a day and believe me I hate coffee so it wasn't easy for the substitue, but now I make one coffee put it in a 20oz container and let it get cold over night then the next day I add the rest with cold water and 1/4 of a cup of chocolate milk to kill the taste. It could be something that's lacking that your body is unhappy about loosing, like sugar maybe.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    I notice now that I am consciously trying to drink more water how quickly I feel dehydrated. Yesterday, I went for a trip into Lincoln to watch a movie, (Jurassic World) and because I didn't want to be making too many toilet breaks, I didn't drink a lot. I certainly noticed how dehydrated I was when I got home and didn't feel all that great either. My lunch, although I opted for what I thought was a healthy option was too salty, and I didn't feel great last night as a result of that too. By the way, the movie was great - I am just glad I wasn't persuaded for the 3D option. I would have peed my pants for sure! ;)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It's funny how we get used to all that water and notice how dehydrated we get when we don't drink it. I also notice a decrease in my appetite if I've drank my water like I was supposed too! Glad the movie was good we never made it out to see that one.
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Another thing I've noticed is how sensitive I am to fried foods now. I cannot tolerate too much fried foods - I may really enjoy them while eating them and then very quickly I feel awful. I know it's a good thing though so no complaints here. :)
  • GinetteMac
    Options
    It's funny how things change, normally a huge amount of sugar i'd be on top of the moon and today it made me feel sluggish and ended up needing a two hour nap!
  • BevSmith0142
    Options
    Yes, I agree. I can also get a headache which is interesting.