One Year Anniversary--Are we dead yet? Help Wanted

Options
m23prime
m23prime Posts: 358 Member
Sooooo....

This MFP Group is officially One Year Old Today!

It has been a long strange year. There have been cheers, jeers, tears, and even a few beers...but not too many, I'm watching my calories...

I would like to shout out my congratulations to those of you who stayed the course and logged your good days and bad...and who have gained back life by losing pounds.

Without this group and your help I would not have lost my first 100 pounds. This group was a lifeline to me in the those early days. Beginnings are hard and difficult times. Our founding sister in weight loss and original Administrator, Alana, did not make it through our first summer and some not inconsiderable tap dancing was done to keep this beastie going. The duties are now shared out among several hard working people--not me--obviously--But Dan and Malia, they have worked tirelessly to keep the trolling low and our spirits high.

And the question to ask now is...Are we done? Or is there some new blood in the group that would like to be added to the admin rolls and get to pin their topics to the top of the board?

Your job would be to post a couple of threads a week, keep an eye out for trolls, and generally be kind and supportive to some really super people. Oh...and keep up your logging streak.

Post your thoughts below and send me a PM and we can talk.

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm not dead! I don't want to go on the cart!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sending message now :)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Thanks. Now I have that earwig running through my mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTg0WpJLyhA
  • m23prime
    Options
    Welcome Tara...er...emmerin78...our newest group moderator and troll hunter!

Thank you so much.

Plenty more room for mods...

"Step right up! Host a board. Lose some weight! Step right up!":happy:
  • m23prime
    Options
    There are nearly 550 members in this group! By mass, we are Legion! (But getting smaller all the time!)

I, for one, owe this group about a hundred pounds of success. And my ticker is hardly unique or anywhere close to the most impressive.

It doesn't happen overnight. But it does happen. If you do The Things that Need Doing. Every day.

I am happier and healthier, after one year of Doing The Things, than I can ever remember being. (Yes...I have been a wee bit healthier in my wasted youth...but I was not happy. ) And I am not finished. I have only just started.

This is a project that is going to take the rest of my life. But thanks to the nature of the project, that life is going to be a long and happy one.

So, what about you? Where are you going to be on the second anniversary of this group's founding?
  • m23prime
    Options

I dunno Dan. Sounds like Frank's volunteering to me!

He IS our biggest Loser (as far as I know...any challengers?) and an heroic example of what can be done with enough grit and hard work...
  • emmerin78
    Options
    *ties on troll hunting hat*

Happy to be helping out and to be celebrating the many and wonderful accomplishments this board's members have produced this year! I know that I would not have gotten this far without the inspiration of seeing the amazing work being done everyday by my fellow losers and I know that I will still be here this time next year, gettin' it done...hopefully even smaller, healthier, and happier than I am now.

So here's to the livin' and to all the adventures that lay in store for 100+ losers this year!

Tara
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i'm still here. i didn't kick the bucket yet, lol. i know i haven't been checking in very regular, but i am logging.

this last year has seen me lose 160 lbs (in my divorce) and 179 lbs off of my body. it has seen me start walking, biking, jogging, swimming and joining a gym. it has seen me go from having to buy my clothes from "big girl catalogs" to buying a pair of size 16 shorts in the regular misses department. i have went from almost 400 (398) lbs to almost under 200 (219 today) lbs. it has seen me go from low self esteem and low self confidence to feeling pretty darn good about myself.. i had a job interview today that went really well, and i have my first date since the divorce next week. 2013/2014 has been my best year ever!

2014/2015 should just get better. as soon as i hit the 200 lb lost mark (198), i am going to see a plastic surgeon about my huge hanging stomach and my right leg. so i should have that done in 2015. i should be working and dating and continuing to work out at the gym and tone up these muscles. i plan on staying right here with you guys, because this is the greatest, most supportive group of friends i have ever had.

happy 2nd year to all of us!!!!!
  • m23prime
    Options

2013/2014 has been my best year ever!...

,,,2014/2015 should just get better.
    happy 2nd year to all of us!!!!!

WHOOOOO HOOOO! BIG Tearful HUG!:bigsmile:
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm still out here. Struggling a bit, letting stress and impatience get the best of me.
    I love this group. I think it is one of the reasons I keep coming back to MFP.
    I did a lot better when I posted a lot in this group.

Everyone is so helpful and generours with sharing their strength and struggles.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Happy 1 year Anniversary to us!!! We are an amazing group :drinker: Yay Tara for joining the mod squad! And I am officially back from vacation and ready to tackle our 2nd year of weight loss awesomeness!!! Go team :flowerforyou:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    I'm not DAID yet! Don't clobber me with that club!

Paula
  • m23prime
    Options
    Alright...alright...it seems that there is still a reason and a purpose to our collective.

Dan--we're stayin'! Happy?

(I am.)

Mark
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    *ties on troll hunting hat*

Happy to be helping out and to be celebrating the many and wonderful accomplishments this board's members have produced this year! I know that I would not have gotten this far without the inspiration of seeing the amazing work being done everyday by my fellow losers and I know that I will still be here this time next year, gettin' it done...hopefully even smaller, healthier, and happier than I am now.

So here's to the livin' and to all the adventures that lay in store for 100+ losers this year!

Tara

Yay for you, Tara!! I'm happy you are able to help out. :)
  • emmerin78
    Options
    Yay for you, Tara!! I'm happy you are able to help out. :)

Thanks, Leanna! It's my pleasure and another great reason to stick around on the board and keep cheerleading! :-)
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hullo, thought I'd better update you with the fact that I am in fact alive. The move has been hectic and we only finished unpacking our last box yesterday (took like a month, nyarrgh). Should see more of me through September now that things have calmed down a bit (and I have 10lbs of weight gain to lose :'( ). Anyhoot, see you in the Sept challenge and good luck finishing August!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Pidge, it's good to see you. Glad you finally got the move finished, but sucks about the weight gain. You'll get back on track in no time...hang in there!
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was down quite a few pounds when I entered my Ph.D program and gained all my weight back and then some. I've got more that 100 to lose, but I am here and doing well. Looking to be more involved and successful!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back!
  • kgales987
    kgales987 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just found you again -- hello everyone.