Running

Options
Punk42AE
Punk42AE Posts: 20 Member
Has anyone else gotten into running on this journey? I started about 2+ months ago, and it's really a good experience after I get the first 500 yards of saying "WTF ARE YOU DOING FOOL", then I get into a flow. Although my problem seems to be the days I decide to to it, or have the time to do it, are when the Gates of Hellfire Temperatures are out. Ended my run today with a Heat Index of 98 already at 10:30am...

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I wog (walk-jog) at least 2 miles a day (max 10 miles). My 4 dogs are delighted w this new activity. Dogs like to sniff...so we make a number of stops. Heat really makes it hard (Texas), plus tons if rain lately. Mostly we go from 5 to 6am. I actually enjoy it! Getting fitted for running shoes made a wonderful difference!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have logged about 70 races. 5ks, 10ks, biathlons, marathons, etc. I have a thorough knowledge of what it takes, however, in the last eight years or so I have not done anything serious. I am hoping to begin with a 5k once I reach my goal weight.
  • AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I've gotten into jogging- it becomes a little like a drug. I do 5Ks right now. I want to be able to do a 10K by next year. Once that running bug bites, it bites hard!! lol
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the 5ks Ash. Great to see you have the running bug. Remember a good pair of running shoes can make all the difference between an ok run and a great running experience, Stay healthy!