Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tummy Troubles

TheFo1dOut
TheFo1dOut Posts: 49 Member
Alright, so this is my 3rd week of round 1. At this point I figured my body would be used to the healthier foods I've been eating but OMG I'm not. The past few days have been wretched for me and my digestive track. I didn't add anything new, pretty much staying with the same types of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner but why do I feel like such a balloon? I have so much gas and I am constantly going back and forth from the bathroom. (Sorry if this is TMI but man this sucks) Is it normal to have these woes so far into the program? The first two weeks were a breeze and I actually felt pretty good, but not anymore, I feel worse!

Replies

• vicki8seekers
    vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
    Are you eating a lot of broccoli? I know that it makes me bloat up like nobody's business!
  • TheFo1dOut
    No broccoli at all! Just the leafy greens that I've been eating FOREVER, it's just so strange!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    @TheFo1dOut I looked at your diary and I didn't see anything unusual in your diet. Were you drinking Shakeology before you started 21 Day Fix? If not, I would see what happens if you don't drink it every day. However, if you were drinking it before then it may be that something else is going on altogether and I would suggest seeing a doctor. My husband had gastrointestinal problems for AGES. He kept trying to figure out what it was, eliminating first one food and then another and weeks and weeks going into months later he finally went to a doctor. His diagnosis was unexpected and no amount of dietary modification could have or would have changed anything. So if you haven't changed anything except eating more healthfully, I'd see what a doctor has to say because sometimes our bodies react to a positive change by revealing an underlying health issue that was hidden and I'm thinking that it may be merely a coincidence that you started experiencing symptoms when you started 21 Day Fix.
  • TheFo1dOut
    @SatiaRenee I tried the shakeology for a week before I started the 21dayfix and haven't had any issues with it. I've always had some sort of digestive issues that I always attributed to my diet....I figured cleaning up my diet would help and the last 2 weeks went really well but I'm such a mess today!! A G.I is totally in my near future
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2015
    Not much to add that's earth-shattering, really, mostly wanted to say I hope you feel better!

If there's nothing in your diet that is truly new, that you can isolate and remove, it is possible it's a coincidence. That's pretty strange, though, and frustrating since you're eating so healthy. You could try eliminating dairy for a few days since people are sometimes sensitive to that but again, not likely if you've always eaten it without issue.

Last thing, I doubt it's the Shakeology but try decreasing to 1/2 scoop for a few days and see if that makes any difference. It should still taste good but some people have to ease into the full scoop. I'd be surprised if that's the case for you since you did drink it for a week without issue but I'm at a loss.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Strangely enough, I'm feeling pretty cruddy today too.

After my first round, I took 3 days off to eat anything I wanted. My digestive system pretty much came to a screeching halt. The night before I started round 2 (4 days ago), I took 1/2 dose of miralax. The last 2 days I have been in the bathroom WAY too much.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    @sarahrbraun my body let's me know right away if I went off track too much....pizza party for the kiddo last week (where I lost all my will power) was Aweful afterward....my body just went on strike and I was nauseated and exhausted...yuk.

Hope yall feel better though :smile:
  • sarahrbraun
    Yesterday was HORRIBLE. By afternoon my stomach was cramping every time I tried to eat anything at all. I'm scheduled to work 6 hours today, so hopefully I'm through whatever it was.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    @TheFo1dOut Are you taking any supplements? If so, try taking them on a full stomach. I know a lot of people have problems taking multivitamins because the B-complex (B6, B12, et al) cause stomach problems. But I still have a feeling that the timing is simply a coincidence and if this doesn't go away on its own soon, I would consult a doctor.

@sarahrbraun I have so many people in my stream who are dealing with a stomach flu. I hope that whatever is bothering you goes away quickly.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    I have to take my supplements on a full stomach or it is horrible for me the rest of the day.
  • vicki8seekers
    vicki8seekers Posts: 28 Member
    @extacymoon, I am the same way. I take them after lunch now, actually, because I read they can also help give an energy boost and get over the mid-afternoon slump.

Especially the b-complex. I get very nauseous if I take that on empty stomach.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    This happened to me the last couple of days. I'm on day 9 of 21DF nutrition and working out twice a day. Turns out mother nature wanted to kick in a full week and a half early! I'm 99% sure it's exercise induced TOM. I'm also on BC so it's really unexpected for me. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    If this is your first fix and your body is used to processed foods, you might be experiencing a bacteria die-off. Our gut bacteria thrive and populate depending on what we eat. You may be experiencing a die-off of the bacteria that lived on sugars. Try taking an active probiotic for a week or so.

For me, I went from having chronic gi upset to being more regular and calm. I'm starting to wonder if it was the diet soda.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    @vicki I might have to try them after lunch. It was suggested to me before to take them at bedtime but I don't want to be up all night with a stomach ache and feeling nauseous.
  • sarahrbraun
    Not sure what my issue was, but I think I'm over it. I skipped 2 meals yesterday, and a few today. Ready to get back on track as soon as my tummy will let me.