Options
Gayatriom
Gayatriom Posts: 1 Member
Are you guys experiencing this?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes. As of yesterday, my fitbit activity no longer shows up on MFP. I have googled, FAQ'd both here and Fitbit. Tried the steps that I have found, and nothing.

I have unlinked my fitbit from both fitbit and mfp and reconnected. I have revoked permissions and reconnected on both apps numerous times. Even though the apps both say I'm connected to each other, my exercise isn't showing on MFP, and my food intake isn't showing on fitbit. If I try to reconnect, it informs me that I am already connected.

I have tried forcing a sync, checking profiles/time zones, I have negative calories checked, I have fitbit checked for steps.

I've tried to figure it out both on mobile and desktop, even uninstalled and reinstalled both. Clearing caches, etc.

I've restarted my phone.

Until yesterday, they were seamless. As of last night, there has been no communication between the two. Yes, myt fitbit syncs on the dashboard just fine.

Even my desktop says they are connected. In my diary, I show no exercise,, and at the bottom where it would normally list the 'fitbit IOS adjustment' that line isn't even there. I do have it checkmarked in settings.

Any other suggestions that I haven't tried? I am not normally an app idiot, but this one befuddles me.

It theory, I should be able to disconnect/reconnect and they will 'read' each other...but I've tried that a bunch.
  • natalieee058
    natalieee058 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm having the *exact* same issue as you, happyfeet. I have tried all the same things, with the same non-result. It's driving me nutty!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    Are you guys immediately resyncing fitbit to mfp or waiting a bit?

Using your web browser, unsync fitbit in mfp.
    Revoke access to mfp in fitbit.
    Wait 15-30 minutes.
    Sync fitbit to mfp.

Do all of this using your web browser and not the apps.
  • BTNankivell
    BTNankivell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    didn't work - what now?!
  • toasterface
    toasterface Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also having the same issue and I have tried everything in this knowledge base article short of waiting 24 hours and then emailing them with the requested information (hasn't been 24 hours yet for me)

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

My post is probably not incredibly helpful towards resolving it, but at least it might help others to know they aren't alone in the issue.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Did you follow all the advice in the Help article? http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/906763-why-am-i-not-getting-a-fitbit-calorie-adjustment- There's a link on that page to contact customer service.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Are you guys immediately resyncing fitbit to mfp or waiting a bit?

Using your web browser, unsync fitbit in mfp.
    Revoke access to mfp in fitbit.
    Wait 15-30 minutes.
    Sync fitbit to mfp.

Do all of this using your web browser and not the apps.

yes, I did all of the above from my desktop. I've also completed most of the steps in the article listed above. There's not really much more I can find to try.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same exact problem.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm not having trouble, but I'd probably also uninstall the apps from my phone and reset my Fitibt if lesser measures hadn't worked.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I'm not having trouble, but I'd probably also uninstall the apps from my phone and reset my Fitibt if lesser measures hadn't worked.

I have already uninstalled the apps from my phone, cleared cache, and reinstalled them. I would consider resetting my Fitbit except for the fact that it's syncing perfectly with itself it's just the apps not playing together nicely.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as a last resort, I would do as Nancy says. If that doesn't work, definitely contact customer support.

Ok, so fitbit activity doesn't show up in mfp. Does mfp activity show up on fitbit? Are your meal totals or any activity you may log on mfp showing up on fitbit?

• Kincar
    edited June 2015
    Options

I have already uninstalled the apps from my phone, cleared cache, and reinstalled them. I would consider resetting my Fitbit except for the fact that it's syncing perfectly with itself it's just the apps not playing together nicely.

I did that too but it didn't fix the issue with the apps

Ok, so fitbit activity doesn't show up in mfp. Does mfp activity show up on fitbit? Are your meal totals or any activity you may log on mfp showing up on fitbit?

No, meals, water and activity logged in MFP do not show up on fitbit.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options
    Kincar wrote: »

I did that too but it didn't fix the issue with the apps

No, meals, water and activity logged in MFP do not show up on fitbit.

same thing for me. Neither show up at all on the other one. Before about 5 o'clock yesterday they talked together perfectly. Nothing has changed. So confused!
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Did you get a notice on your Fitbit app for an update? I did that, updated and now today MFP says I've taken 332 steps even though I'm over 6k.

But another weird thing I am noticing is that everytime I go on Fitbit app I have to force it to resync because it says 332 steps on there too.

I feel that the Fitbit update has done something.

(And now when I checked my apps and forced a resync it has adjusted everything on the Fitbit app and in MFP so--maybe the glitch is getting fixed?)
  • toasterface
    toasterface Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's an issue with MFP. I did some more searching, and there are similar reports posted today by users of other activity trackers like Misfit Shine and Polar.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    Options
    Did you get a notice on your Fitbit app for an update? I did that, updated and now today MFP says I've taken 332 steps even though I'm over 6k.

But another weird thing I am noticing is that everytime I go on Fitbit app I have to force it to resync because it says 332 steps on there too.

I feel that the Fitbit update has done something.

(And now when I checked my apps and forced a resync it has adjusted everything on the Fitbit app and in MFP so--maybe the glitch is getting fixed?)

I hadn't updated yet, but am doing so at this time. I have also disconnected MFP and Fitbit for a while, just to see if it helps anything. Maybe when the update is done, I'll reconnect :)

thanks

• Kincar
    edited June 2015
    Options
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2039583-fitbit-sync-delay

Fitbit Sync Delay

June 26, 2015
    Hello everyone,

We are aware of the reports of delays with the Fitbit integration. This may look like a few different things to members, including a delay in sync of exercise and/or food, no sync of exercise and/or food, receiving an adjustment that is low (due to delay in sync), or not receiving an adjustment. Our team is currently investigating the cause and we're hoping some users will see relief from these symptoms as we continue to work through our backlog.

Please note: At this time we do not recommend unlinking and relinking the two programs. This will increase the number of requests on our servers and could further delay the resolution for our members.

Please check back to this article for further updates on the matter.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
  • CanadianFlybaby
    CanadianFlybaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gayatriom for starting this thread, all those who have responded and Kincar for posting the response from MFP staff. You have all saved me a lot of time!

Mine has been updating from time to time today but not reliably, if another data point helps. I use just the browser versions of both systems, no apps.
  • kanerz14
    kanerz14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hope it's back up soon. Mine went down last night also:) MFP is also not updating diary entries from phone app to desktop site...
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fitbit did an update, and since then I have trouble no only synching here, but synching to the fitbit app as well...